Monday, September 24, 2007

Might as well be a blogger too.


James and I have had our computer for about a year now and I have really enjoyed being a part of the rest of the society with a world of knowledge right at my fingertips. I have recently become an active blog reader. I have really enjoyed keeping up with friends by reading their day to day life in the wee hours of the morning when I finally have quiet time in the house. So I have decided to join the blog world myself to keep people posted on what is going on in the Craig house.

Anthony and Addison have been home now for a week and a day and I have somehow managed to keep them alive the whole time. I guess my motherly instinct is kicking in. I have enjoyed and been terrified by how quickly they have grown only in the week that we have had them home. Being a mother of twins is not an easy job and it just depends on what five minute segment of my day that you catch me in to see if I am holding it together well or not. One minute I am thinking "Oh I have got this!" and then all of a sudden I am hanging on my a thread. I am definitely learning the art of multi-tasking. I can feed one baby in my arms, talk on the phone (if it rang while burping a baby) bounce another baby in their bouncy seat with my big toe and tell Victoria to chew with her mouth closed all at the same time. Pretty impressive huh?

James has been a tremendous help! I can't believe how much he has taught me about parenthood and calmed me when I am about to lose my mind. He has been teasing me because I tend to "bundle" the babies a lil too much. I am afraid after spending time in the hospital for not being able to maintain temp. that it is mommy's job to wrap them in fourteen blankets and put mittens on them with a scarf. Many times I have checked on them to find that their lil backs are sweaty. They look at me already at 3 weeks old like I have lost my mind. James keeps telling me "They get hot just like you and I" I am sure if they were able to talk they would say "Can someone bring me a fan?"

This weekend was Victoria's birthday party. I can't believe that she is 4. She had a party at her Mamaw and Papaw's house with of course a Princess theme. I wish someone would of taken a picture of us getting out of the truck. James Makenzie and I were in the front seat with Anthony Addison and Victoria in the back. We pulled up in the front yard opened the doors and people poured out of the vehicle. James and I started singing circus music as we exited the vehicle. We have quite a sense of humor when it comes to the size of our family as you can see.

This weekend we also received a wonderful surprise visit from our friends David and Jill Pennington. Although no blood relation family just the same. They brought us an incredible dinner of chicken and rice along with salad, cheese bread and the most amazing brownies that I have ever eaten. It came at the perfect time. James and I were just discussing the fact that it was our one year anniversary and we hadn't had the time to even acknowledge the fact. Life has become very busy and with Victoria's birthday my cousins bridal shower and taking all of the kids home on Sunday not to mention trying to add the twins to the mix with feeding schedules etc. We ran out of time to celebrate our Anniversary by having at least a nice meal. Once I sit down these days the only thing I have time to cook is a hot dog. It was wonderful to have someone bring us such good food. This just proves that God will provide no matter how little time you have.

2 comments:

GreatAuntaKathy said...

Great job on the blog - to say nothing of the wonderful, fantastic job on wife and mother.
Love you mucho -
Aunta Kathy

Jill said...

Kelly,
You are too cute. Love the blog. Can't wait to read all the updates on A and A!