Sunday, October 16, 2011

SHOOT what a great weekend!

I had my first experience at Knob Creek's annual machine gun shoot.  I know what you are thinking.  "You did WHAT?"  It sounds a bit crazy but I had a blast.  My man is super testosterone and goes twice a year to the event with his buddy Travis and I have been asking to go.  I knew that it was "man's weekend" but wanted to see what all of the fuss was about.  I had a ball! Walking around looking at a bunch of stuff that I have no clue what it was but to see my husband's eyes light up and get excited when I took an interest in what he enjoys was priceless. 

I found this video you don't have to watch of course but you have to at least get to 1:40 to see all of the grown men with their cell phones in the air recording the shoot.  Plus this shows the helicopter rides going overhead.  People watching was PRICELESS!

The night shoot was unbelieveable.  You stand for 45 minutes or more in one spot trying to get a view of the shoot.  Everyone has their ear plugs in and is yelling to the person next to them.  The best part is taking yours out and listening to everyone around you talking so stinking loud.  lol!  When the shoot begins you feel like you are on a movie set. They set out propane tanks for targets. 



Never thought I would get into this thing as much as I did.  I want to go back.


The rest of the weekend was just unbelieveable!  James was home for several days (that is around 4 in our book) and we has some great quality family time!  We got the garage cleaned out too!  Always a bonus getting stuff done around the house!

No comments: