Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Must be Fall

There are some strange things going on in our house lately.  Mommy fixed us some hot chocolate with our breakfast to warm us up.  This was a super special treat because of the chill in the air.  It was pretty cold in the house and this hot chocolate did the trick.  That is until...
I got to the bottom of my glass.


This cup has been in the family for many years.  My Mamaw had one and I remember playing with it growing up.  Was fun to play the frog in the bottom of the glass trick on the kids.  Anthony was just drinking and drinking and when I walked back through the kitchen I saw Anthony just staring down into the cup.  I believe he was waiting on the thing to jump out.  lol

One thing that has signaled Fall for our family the past couple of years is going to the family reunion at Wonder Valley.  There was about 70 people there and I knew my mom, dad, children, grandpa and uncle.  lol. Isn't that the way it is at family reunions?  I had a ball.  Not only was there a HUGE playground for the kids to play on but they had an auction.  This isn't your ordinary auction.  Family members bring things from home to auction off.  It might be Great Aunt Beatrice twice removed's homemade apple butter OR her 20 year old plastic country blue wall clock with a goose on it.  The auctioneer , also a family member isn't a real auctioneer (surprising I know after I describe the quality of the merchandise) but is just as entertaining.  Another cousin of mine that I have never met appears to be half asleep as he grabs the merchandise off of the tables.  "Alright we have a birdhouse gourd, a collection of derby glasses, and two glitter candle holders.  Oh wait one candle holder has a candle in it! (BONUS!) Who will give me 10 dollars?  (crickets) 5? (crickets) Alright how about a dollar?"  The hands go flying up and goes up to about 15 dollars!  It was such a riot to watch.  I leaned over to my dad and uncle and while trying to catch my breath from laughing at the entertainment I said "Alright I have a 2 foot section of 2X4, an ironing board, a right handed glove and a piece of dental floss.  Who will give me $10?"  Those of you cousins that read that haven't been REALLY need to attend.  I promise you will leave with a stomach ache.
The kids met new cousins they didnt' know that they had.  Or at least I am assuming that they are cousins.  lol!
Grandpa helped Anthony show off his monkey bars skills. LOVE this pic btw!

Afterwards I couldn't pass up the amazing sunlight and snapped some pictures at my parents house of the kids. 

Such a stinker. 

Check out my Victoria growing like a weed!

Love me some Fall.  My favorite time of year.  Now to get started on the Halloween costumes.  We still haven't decided on what to be yet but I was informed today that the trick or treating at the zoo is this weekend and next.  I need to get started on something.

No comments: