Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Highlights of the past week


"Going through this Easter basket is serious business, I better put my ears on."


I can't get over how much Victoria has grown since last year. She is such a pretty girl.


Anthony is high gear as he searches for Easter eggs.



-Easter began with our "Annual Easter Egg Hunt" at my in-laws. I was reminded, by her, that she does this every year (I haven't remembered one and have been part of the family for 5 years now) so that has been the inside joke of the week. Everything is "Annual" now. One thing NEW she decided to do at the Annual Easter Egg Hunt was invite Victoria's biological mother, Tina! Hooray, that darn bunny didn't give us much warning for this Easter surprise!! We love being put on the spot.

-After the annual egg hunt I headed off to church I was Farmer Sissy for the 4 o'clock service in EC Large group. We had 112 kids (ages 3-5) just in the 4 o'clock. It was a rowdy bunch and as soon as the last kid left the room I grabbed my wig off of my head and sat in front of the fan burning up. It was like taming 112 Victoria's in Disneyland.

-We headed up to Mom and Dad's Sunday to pick up a load of creek rock to line our flower beds along the house. It looks so nice. We had a ball over there watching the kids play outside and having mom unintentionally pull a chair out from under me as I was going to sit down. On the way home Victoria and I took some time to go "Country cruisin" in Salem. We headed out of town looking for a house that I saw for sale down an old country road. We passed a junk yard that ran along both sides of the road. Some cars were stacked 4 high and I almost ran off of the road while laughing when Victoria looked out of the window at all of the junk cars and asked me "What are all of these people doing here?" It reminded me of the time that we dropped off Brooklyn on Fern Valley Rd to meet her mom and passed the Ford plant. Their parking lot was full of brand news cars waiting to be sent to car lots and Victoria looked out of the window and said "MAN THAT PLACE IS PACKED!!"

-James job is again up in the air. The "dedicated load" that he was on has been cancelled and he has only been offered something that is half the miles. He is home this week and will start taking his new run next Monday. Although I love to have him home I hate to see his job situation so unstable, and seeing the toll it is taking on him.

No comments: