Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"We've got nowhere to go and a long time to get there"

I had to use the lyrics to one of James's favorite songs. I can't remember the songs name but the actually lyrics are "We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there. We're gonna do what they say can't be done." My heart is breaking for James. Our adventure of owner/operators hasn't been smooth so far. We started out with Landstar and that lead him to being gone for 25 days and battling for loads while away from home. So he and my dad decided to take a "dedicated lane" for Rush. I use the term "dedicated lane" VERY loosely. Loads were getting cancelled all of the time. When the lane would run like it is suppose to it was great, money was good and James was happy. They were hauling Ford freight and with this economy it has been very touch and go, as with most people's jobs these days. They finally, after a week of cancelled loads and sitting at home, took him off of the lane and offered him one that would be starting a week later. So we settled in for another week of no work locked up the wallets and waited. Sunday came (the night that he was to start this less appealing run) and it got cancelled. He spent that day trying to get on a sleep schedule for 3rd shift to prepare him for the next day's load. He was ready to leave last night and again the load got cancelled! We are on week 2 of no work. It is stressful to say the least. I wish I could help ease his mind. Until then we will wait.

On a good note I got to see my sister yesterday for a bit along with Ariel. They seem to be doing alright. Ariel is getting around well and my sister seemed to be in good spirits. We are still just waiting on that next appointment to get some more answers. Until then we will wait.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hey! Praying for you guys during this rough patch. Please let me know what I can do. . .Love you guys! :-)