Sunday, October 18, 2009

A jam packed weekend

Wow did I am exhausted. I just made it back in from our second whirlwind trip to the zoo for the Halloween trick or treat. It was much colder and an impromptu trip so we prepared as best as we could. I ended up carrying Addison from the from the bottom of the hill up because we only had the umbrella stroller and Anthony claimed that even though it was pink. Picture us truckin our way through the crowd Anthony dressed as a clown this time in a pink stroller with butterfly wings behind him because I had ripped them off after trampling over Victoria because I couldn't see past those adorable dumb wings.

As you know we went to the zoo last weekend so we were aware of what each booth was passing out and that the line comes to a complete halt as soon as you go into the trick or treat area because everyone and their brother wants a pic with Shrek. We couldn't care less so under the ropes we go to cut through the line. My back was screaming and calling out to mom ahead of me with the pink strollered clown "This is the coloring book booth just go past we have a ton of them at home!" On we went. Our stomachs hurt from laughing so hard. Such fun.

This weekend started with us spending the night at Mom and Dad's for a change of scenery. We headed out last minute to my nephew's senior night at Salem. We didn't want to pay admission price to enter the gate to sit in the cold cold rain so we opted to stand right outside the fence and jump up and down like crazy people trying to get my sister's attention as she was waiting to walk with Tyler down the track during half time of the football game. They were laughing so hard at us. We didn't really blend into the crowd. Addison was having a meltdown and she wanted nothing to do with the plastic doughnut, and baby doll we brought to keep her occupied. We ended the night with popcorn and movies until Grandpa arrived and beamed from ear to ear to see the surprise of the grand kids at the door to greet him.

On Saturday Addison broke out in a small viral rash. No fever or any other symptoms so we just kept an eye on it. We packed up the kids up and headed out for a drive to see all of the beautiful colors of the trees. I took Victoria to all of the places that I grew up. We went into Mull's store and got some 25 cent candy and even headed over to Elk Creek in Scottsburg to watch the water. All of us were car sick by the time we got home from the winding knobs but had a really good time.

After another inhaled lunch Dad offered to watch the little ones so that Mom and I could take Victoria to Fort Vallonia days. I couldn't believe what they cram in the stop sign of a town. You blink you miss it, but there were people parked in fields everywhere to get to it. It was a bunch of food vendors, flea market booths, and people deciding to have a yard sale because everyone in the 5 closest counties were there. You would pass a hot dog vendor, a booth selling cell phone accessories, and then a table of used shoes and pot and pans that someone decided they didn't need anymore that day. We found Victoria a pair of gloves to keep her hands warm in one of the booths. The only problem was that they were adult work gloves what were bright green. They barely fit her hands and she looked like a tree frog walking around with these green Arsenio Hall fingered gloves. They did the trick thought we didn't hear of her talking about her hands being cold anymore. Then it happened, we found it, the homemade kettle corn. I am not a huge fan of kettle corn but when they give away free samples I am not one to pass it up. DELICIOUS!! We purchased a bag, let me rephrase that, a 2 foot long bag and headed for the car.

Dinner and a little more snacking and we headed home. Victoria decided to get rid of her dinner all over my front seat on the way home. God took care of us, I had pretty much everything that I needed to take care of it in my car because of our mini vacation to mom and dad's. I had all of my baby wipes to clean, I took Victoria out of the car along Hwy 60 and had her take her pants off, there she stood with cars coming left and right shielded by my door with her red long sleeved shirt, panties, white socks and black Mary Jane's. At this point I was cracking up and thinking about our McDonald's trip with Anthony. I got the car cleaned out trash went into the plastic bags that we had our dirty clothes in and I wrapped Victoria up in Addison's blanket and we made finished our drive home. Victoria and I was cracking up the rest of the way. Good thing for heated seats on her bare little legs.

Such a great weekend. I feel bad because James's weekend has been horrible. Please pray for him, it seems like the harder he tries with this owner/operator thing the more things blow up in his face. Everything on the truck is falling apart and he even had money stolen out of his wallet this weekend. He just can't seem to win.

No comments: