Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

This will be the first year that I will attempt trick or treating with the twins. I was really excited about it. Didn't know how they would do or if they would understand that walking up to random houses brings candy filled buckets on Halloween. James had to leave for work tonight so he took a quick nap and assisted me in the trick or treating process. Not sure how I would have managed it without him. So glad he would experience it. I took advantage of the holiday and managed to get creative on a couple of meals...

Breakfast

My artistic pancakes.

Lunch

Jack-o-lantern grilled cheese with ghost shaped chips I found at Aldi's.

Getting ready for "Dinner", that would be trick or treating.


Waiting on Mommy and Daddy to finish getting the car loaded up.


We got tired of waiting for Mommy and Daddy and decided to take a walk around the house. Mommy and Daddy started yelling "GET BACK OVER HERE!" I am glad we decided to not listen because guess what we found????

A CAR!! And it is OUR size! Never mind that the seat was filled with rainwater, and that this is at our neighbors house. The one I called the cops on not too long ago. We probably shouldn't be hanging out on their toys scattered all over their yard.

After a wipe of the chicken's (Anthony) butt with a towel to soak up the rain water we were off. Our first trip was to church to see all of our friends. We ran into "Miss Sissy" on our lap around the lobby.


Then we headed over to the 4H fairgrounds for their costume festival. I was quite impressed with the set up. Many sponsored tables giving out candy. The "BaaBoo Cruck" (Bubble Truck) was there, and the Floyd Co. police was giving out hot dogs. SCORE! Now I don't have to worry about fixing dinner.

We ended up being the clog in the slow moving drain of people trick or treating in the building. We was at the head of the line with NOBODY in front of us and about 200 kids behind us. Anthony first had to check out what costume the person handing out candy was wearing, determine if it scared him, then lift up his chicken arm to hoist his Elmo bucket up in the air to get his candy. Quite a lengthy process. There was probably about 50 different booths to trick or treat at in the line, and our little Chicken was causing a hold up.


"Well THAT was fun but my bucket is only half full. I hope we are going someplace else."


"Hooray, Papaw's house! Hey is that dollar for me?"


The clown suit did not affect the attitude one bit, notice the hand is still on the hip.


Victoria did a great job showing her brother and sister how to trick or treat. Love this pic of her!


I would have to say my fondest memory of this Halloween was Addison dropping her trick or treat pumpkin in the water running along the side of the road and quickly apologizing to it "Oh I'm sowwy Punkie Pie" I can't believe she dropped it and didn't get one piece of candy wet. Now that takes talent.

James left for work and the kids and I enjoyed the evening of candy, popcorn, and an episode of an old "Mo Cosmy" (Bill Cosby) that I had on DVR of a Halloween episode. The kids were great! They cuddled and didn't fight one. Everyone got to pick out a piece of candy. Anthony realized that Sweet Tarts taste good with 'Ca'corn (popcorn) and Victoria realized that Mom wasn't joking when she said "Don't put your mouth on the end of the pixie stick, the candy won't be able to come out." Such a nice time. I hate James left to drive the night away on 2 hours of sleep but so proud of him for helping and the sacrifices he makes for our family. He is the best!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am laughing right now after reading your commentary about Miss Addison. Too funny. What a cute cat and chicken as well. Glad you had a great Halloween! :-)