Monday, June 14, 2010

Has it really been that long??

Since my last post........
  • My nephew graduated from Salem High School.  Couldn't be prouder! My sister as always put out such a spread of food.  But I do have to bust her chops (Sorry Sis!) that among the amazing hot wings, BBQ, fruit, veggies, chips and anything else you could want was the cake.  The squashed cake with a snapshot on it.  My sister ordered a very large sheet cake with a photo of Tyler in a plane on it.  My sister also ordered a slushy machine.  She apparently picked both of them up on the same trip and with one swift turn of the wheel the cake was demolished by the slushy machine.  We cracked up and gave her so much grief for it.  She just laid the picture that she gave the bakery right on top of the smashed icing. I also got the joy of riding back to my sister's house with her, my brother in law and niece.  My sister told me that she had plenty of room for me to ride with them but they needed to pick up balloons on the way home.  I didn't think much of it until she informed me that she was picking up balloons that she had blown up and there were 27 of them and we were in an Explorer.  I swear I was waiting for my sister to lift off the ground when she walked out to the car.  We were all 4 (well except for the time that I took the snapshot of their butts hanging out of the hatch) pushing these balloons into the back of the car.  All laughing hysterically mind you.  It was so much fun watching him and his friends sit around talking about plans for next year.  How wonderful to be that young again and feel like you have the world by the tail.  I also (after a glass or two of what the "kids" were having) discovered the joy of Wii Dance Revolution.  She pulled me outside under their little gazebo an we danced till we almost peed our pants.  So much fun.  There was about 30 people at the party and my sister and I were bonding out in the side yard all by ourselves with our outside TV and our Wii controller. 
  • Mom had her surgery.  She did great through it!  She spent one night in the hospital and I picked her up when the released her to go home.  Let me rephrase that Victoria, Addison, Ironman (mask included) and I picked up Grandma.  We packed up the car and stay with mom for two nights to help her any way she needed.  She seems to be doing pretty well. She has a rough time with nights and getting comfortable and is on the up swing of recovery.  She is very anxious to get out of the bandages so that she can get in the shower.  We have been washing her hair over the sink in the kitchen.  Poor thing leaning over with her arm in a sling and getting her dressed again is like working a puzzle.  Our brains were smoking trying to figure out how to put that sling in through the arms of shirts.  We got it figured out though.  She is doing well.  Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Addison has been telling everyone, "The doctor called, Maw Maw fell down at the Bidlelan (Bible land at church)"  Addison has had so many bruises from there that she can't possibly think of any other place that one might fall down to cause such a boo boo.  :)
While at mom's we were sitting at the breakfast table and my mom asked for some apricots.  Addison was breaking her neck trying to get grandma to notice that she wanted one.  "Would you like one sissy?" mom asked.  "Yes Maw Maw" she said with her long eyelashes (I thought you'd never ask)  "Sissy that is an ape-ree-cot"  she placed one on her plate.  "A What-a-cot?"  After we picked ourselves off of the floor we continued on eating.  It has stuck!  Grandma said she got more What-a-cots at the grocery store yesterday.

No comments: