Friday, April 18, 2008

We ain't faking whole lotta shaking goin on

I just like everyone else in the area woke up to my whole house shaking. I laid in bed wondering if I was dreaming it. The ground shook and something fell in my "storage" bathtub I later found. Yep, we here in Indiana, not California mind you, had an earthquake. The kids didn't wake up but mommy sure did. I turned the TV on to the local news and it was confirmed that there was an earthquake indeed. It registered a 5.2 by Vincenese In. It gave me quite a shake up. I was just dumbfounded by that fact. Quite an eerie feeling. I know that my California family is laughing at us here going crazy over a 5.2. When they have an earthquake they have an EARTHQUAKE! It was all over the news just so uncommon here. I called my mom and dad to tell them that the shaking that they felt had nothing to do with my awesome vacuum that I got. (they have been teasing me relentlessly about my vacuum)

Today we had a day in the country. I headed to mom and dad's to have lunch and a day of playing in the yard with the kids. Victoria had a ball playing tea party with water on Grandma's back porch and we both enjoyed when we walked next door to the pond to feed the fish crackers. Victoria about lost her mind when a HUGE coy fish came up and grabbed a cracker floating on the top of the water. I didn't know they had them in their. She screamed "Look at that big goldfish!" I caught me off guard. We spent the rest of the time trying to get it to come back up to the top of the water to eat.

Punkin, my sister, surprised us by coming by for a bit and seeing us. She asked if Victoria, obsessed with the fact that her Aunt Punkin drives a school bus, if she would like to go with her on her route. She had been asking Grandma all day if she could pick up sticks (her version of yard work) That was all we heard about "Can I pick up sticks with my Veggie Tale gloves? Grandma are we going to pick up sticks? I would really like to pick up sticks! " Punkin turned to her and asked her about her interest in going with her on the bus, she turned to Grandma and said "Bye!" I got tickled at her.

Later in the evening we headed up to the fairground for a Lawn and Garden show. It was quite interesting navigating the stroller around in the crowd. But I held my own I must say. On the way home we stopped to hear Grandpa play his banjo with his band and got some ice cream. It was such a beautiful day we really enjoyed the relaxation.

No comments: