Saturday, May 16, 2009

If she were to choose my allergies...


I had a long day today that started out with doing wedding hair then straight to church for service then volunteering so I put a pork roast in the crock pot. Love my crock pot. Tonight after meeting Tyler, my nephew's, girlfriend for the first time at church (mind you in my Miss Sissy attire) Victoria and I headed home. I called my Mom and Dad to ask if they along with Tyler and his girlfriend wanted to come over and have dinner. They were already on their way to Moe's. I told them not a problem and to have a nice dinner. Victoria overheard the conversation from the back seat of the car. She asked me if they were coming over for dinner. I explained to her the situation and she started to sink into the seat.

"I want to go to Moe's and sit at a table and hang out and have a date with you and Tyler!" she said pushing her head up in between the front seats of the car to make sure that I could hear her. I told her that I already had dinner ready at home.

"What did you fix?" she asked with excitement.

"Pot roast" I replied knowing what the response would be.

"I HATE pot roast!" I then explained to her that we needed to be thankful for pot roast. Just like when she takes her Jesus money to church that helps a lot of little kids don't have food or a bed or a Mommy or Daddy so we have to be thankful for what we have. "But I just wanna.."

"Victoria that is enough. I know that you are not a big fan of pot roast but that is what we are having tonight. You are just going to have to tough it out" I thought I had finished the conversation.

"Well, is Tyler's girlfriend allergic to pot roast????" I had to stop the car. I was laughing so hard because she was half asking out of genuine curiosity and trying to figure out is there was some way that she could acquire those allergies.

No comments: