Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring Mill

I can remember many days in my childhood spent at Spring Mill. I loved going there. We would have a picnic and swim the whole day. Today my parents invited the babies and myself to go. I jumped on the opportunity. Dad drove my car, Mom rode in the passenger seat, the babies in the middle row and myself wadded up in the back seat only allowed to enter the car from the back hatch. Surprisingly enough it was comfortable. I sat back there with my stiff neck that I woke up with this morning straining to hear my Mom and Dad talk to me from the front seat. I felt like I was 5again.

We arrived and the babies took off, Addison across the parking lot ready to go and Anthony to G'pa to be held for the remainder of the day. G'pa is such a sucker for his grandson. We stopped and ate at a snack bar and tried with all of our might to get two screaming toddlers to eat the hamburger that we got them. The screaming continued for Anthony every time that G'pa "tried" to put him down.

We headed over to the flower garden to get our annual picture under the stone archway. Addison entered the flower garden oohing and ahhing at the flowers. We told her to smell them and she blew on every flower that she saw thinking she was taking in the aroma. At one point she stuck a whole rosebud in her mouth, I guess they looked delicious too. We teased and said that she saw them eating flowers on Willy Wonka and thinks that these should be edible too.

Exhausted I headed home after dropping off a worn out Grandpa and Grandma and got home in enough time to meet Tina to return Victoria. This was the second time that she was alone with Tina and things seem to be going well. Victoria comes home happy and not as confused as I thought she would be with Tina back in her life. She has been eager to spend some one on one time with me when she has gotten home from visits with her. Tonight we sat at the table and colored. We both have new pictures to display on our bedroom doors. All in all it was a good day.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh, I have super memories of Spring Mill gorwing up. We always had family picnics there with my mom's side of the family. I'll always remember all my cousins (boys!), catching crawdads in the little stream that runs by the picnic area. Glad you had such a great time! :-)