Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day weekend


What a great weekend. We started off with NO KIDS! I know that a mom shouldn't start out her celebratory weekend as a mom without kids but for this mom it was bliss! Grandma and Grandpa picked up the twins and James and I dropped off Victoria and Brooklyn at Mamaw and Papaw's house before we headed off to a wedding. James friend "Little Joe" got married to his girlfriend of 7 years FINALLY! ;). It was a nice small wedding in the middle of the day. I got to listen to stories of the "good old days" back when James worked Security with all of his old friends. After the wedding we visited with old dear friends of ours Nevel and Anita and had dinner at BW3's so that we could see Travis. We had a ball and for the first time in a long time I just got to genuinely relax. After dinner we stopped by The Lighthouse where James and I met and I have to say.....what a dump!!! That place hasn't changed a bit! I am glad for the experience of working there because it is how I met my amazing husband but other than that....again WHAT A DUMP!! I did sing a little while there and had some people ask me if I missed running Karoke there. My response was a firm NO followed by laughter.

Sunday morning after picking up Victoria and receiving my Mother's Day balloons we headed off to my parents to get the smallest rugrats. Grandma said that she really enjoyed them and that they were great but I did see that she was exhausted. Dad and I took off to go and visit my Mamaw's grave site and talk about parenting and cry over loss. It was a real special time with Dad and I am glad that I went with him.

When we got home Victoria and I caught up on some of our TV watching and I turned off the TV and told her to get her favorite stuffed animal and a blanket. She looked at me with wide eyes and asked "Am I going to sleep in YOUR bed???" I just smiled and before I knew it I had a 5 year old leaping into bed with me so that we could finish watching the Sound of Music. We enjoyed snuggling and even took a picture of ourselves. It was a great weekend and I feel very refreshed.

No comments: