Tuesday, June 16, 2009

They're coming to take me away, Ha Ha Hee Hee Ho Ho

I have had some great times getting out of the house in the past week. Two weeks are too long for James to be away. Way too long! It is so nice to have a break from the everyday routine.

Last Monday my mom invited us up for the evening to hang out she knew I was desperately needing to get out of the house after a very very long week. We packed up and ended up spending the night two nights in a row because mom was nervous about weather that never happened. We had a blast laughing and playing with the babies. I have some great pics of the babies on their first visit to the library. So precious! I will have to post later. It was great to get out of the house have someone else cook a couple of meals and have new walls to stare at.

James finally made it home this weekend on Friday. So nice to see him, plus I was needing some help with the finishing touches in the yard sale stuff that needed to be set out ;). Man, did we pick a hot day for a yard sale! I was lobster red by the end of the day.

James surprised me by getting sitters together for the night so that we could have a date night Saturday night. So sweet of him. I love when he does stuff like that. I have such a good hubby. After church I came back to the house to pick up my date. I even knocked on the door and waited for him to answer and all. We were like teenagers. We headed off to Olive Garden to use the gift certificates that our friends Jill and Dave gave to us eons ago. We ate so much and so unhealthy all I could do was grunt all through my meal. It was SO good! Stuffed mushroom, calamari, scallops, shrimp, delish! We rolled out of our booth and headed to the movies.

I have been wanting to see the movie Hangover for quite some time. I love The Office and wanted to see "Andy" in another roll. I have to be honest, I laughed from the very beginning to the very end. It is by no means PG rated and at times I looked at James and said "They really did that?" or "showed that?" but I have to admit that I said is while I was trying to keep Coke from coming out of my nose from laughing so hard.

Such a nice break, but now it is back to the day to day life of feed, wipe, repeat. One funny note on Monday, I was in the middle of one of my famous Mommy lectures with Victoria. We were standing in the hallway where her time out area is and I looked past her for a second to catch a glimpse of what totally broke my concentration. Anthony jumping up and down in his bed without a stitch of clothing on. Bare butt naked jumping up and down and laughing hysterically. He was fully dressed when I put him down for his nap, now I had a naked kid and wet sheets. He was so incredibly proud! Victoria appreciated the distraction too. My attention has been focused on her quite a bit these days, she was happy to have Mommy take a break from trying to teach her right from wrong. Apparently Anthony was happy to be free from the cumbersome clothes that Mommy puts on him.

No comments: