Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Checking it twice

That is things off of my to do list.  I am in the mode of getting stuff done around here.  I have come to the realization that it is too cold to be spray painting outside and that painting the rooms is a no go because I am not having the windows open with it being 30 outside. 

I have reached into the shed and pulled out the colors that were painted in my bedroom and bathroom and painted over the blocks of color that I put on the wall when I thought we were going to go blue and brown.  First thing that smacked you in the face when you walked in the room was my blue and brown idea in a big 2 foot smeared section.  Goodbye blue and brown that reminded me of another project unfinished, and also goodbye big huge sections of wall unpainted from where I took down the mirrors over the bathtub.  You are now painted the color that the rest of the wall was/is in the bathroom.  I have painted over the big rubbed areas over the bed where my loving husband sleeps with his forehead up against the wall, goodbye!  It was like painting with toothpaste but it is done.  Those cans of paint have been in the shed for 7 years frozen and boiling in the heat over and over again.  It is not perfect and I am ok with that and a project that wasn't finished is no longer staring me in the face as soon as I enter our room.  This leaves me happier and more at peace in my home. 

I have been obsessed with the blog called Nesting Place (thanks Jill) and it has given me permission to have a cute home that is decorated and comfortable by not worrying so much on perfection and just dealing with what I have.  She is doing a "Less is More" series and I have taken it to heart.  I am working on finishing the projects that I know work in the budget and can be done with little to no time.  Don't over complicate just finish.  It has been freeing.

Monday night my In-laws gave me a Victoria break and kept her for he night.  I got to sleep in a little and the twins and I had a nice day.  We had a date at Walmart to pick up some supplies that I needed for some Christmas projects I have going and we even had lunch at Burger King just the three of us.  I braved going in and eating instead of hitting up the drive thru and taking it back home.  The kids really loved it and I am going to try my best to do this once a week to grab a dollar burger and just sit with my kids and enjoy being out in public gnawing on a french fry.  Side note: When I take the kids out or we hit up a drive thru I always ask the kids burger or Chicken? Anthony's response is always "French Fries".  He firmly believes THAT is the main course of a kids meal.  While sitting in Burger King yesterday I asked Addison about Christmas and was grinning from ear to ear when she told me it was Jesus' birthday.  I talked to her a bit about Santa and asked her how Santa knows what you would like for Christmas and her response was, "We go to his house get him out and talk REAL LOUD!"  No mention of a letter or even sitting on his lap.  We are going to drag that fat man out of his house and yell at him!

No comments: