Thursday, December 2, 2010

Spray paint, and color swatches, and BHG.com-OH MY!

I am driving my family nuts with trying to redo the house!  I have everything in transition mode while decisions come together in my head as to what I am wanting to do with the space. Trying to eliminate the office area out of the living room to allow for more seating for our large family and fit an office area into our bedroom where space is limited is about to make my head spin.  I have great ideas and then start them but never finish.  I don't have the time to complete things before the bus comes.

The living room is going from white walls to a nice golden yellow to warm the place up a bit.  I have moved stuff around a bit and found great deals in clearance sections and thrift stores.  This includes my awesome black bar stools for extra seating at dinner for $15 at Goodwill and with a staple gun and some great fabric from Ben Franklin's they look AMAZING!  I then found two wooden kids chairs at the Salvation Army for $3.50 each and spray painted them black and upholstered them with the same fabric as the stools so that they have matching chairs.  They fit great with my black end tables for the living room so they have their own little dinning room in the living room.  I have popped out the ugly 90's glass out of the cabinets and still trying to figure out what I am going to put in instead.  Fabric?  maybe something extra funky?  Possibilities are endless!

The kitchen is going to be kind of retro feeling.  I found an adorable fabric in Hobby Lobby that is white with multi color polka dots.  Baby blue, burgundy, light green, the mustard color in the living room, and orange.  They have coordinating fabric in the same colors with daisies, and stripes.  I am going to try my hand at some home made roman shades that I found online using mini blinds and a nice valance to go on top.  Still debating on painting the cabinets can't quite make up my mind on that one.

Our bedroom, oh our bedroom has changed many many times and I finally found my inspiration at Michael's.  I purchased a light silver comforter set in Tuesday Morning that I fell in love with after my obsession with the brown and blue comforter I found in Meijer.  I opened it up and although very affordable you could tell it was affordable with the quality of the stitching.  It was already ripped and didn't appear at all like it did on the picture, so silver I went.  This seems to be the new decorating trend from what it appears in magazines.  Silver or grey is the new trendy neutral.  I couldn't find what color I wanted to accent with so while in Michaels I headed to the scrapbook paper and found this gem...

I would never put orange, yellow, and grey together but I fell in love with this and the other papers that are available in this color scheme are great!  I have spray painted everything that doesn't move including all of my photo frames black and then framed these scrapbook papers in different sizes.  I have taken the canopy off of the bed and am going to make an upholstered head board for our bed.  I have painted this adorable little dresser for jewelry that I got from my Mamaw's house to match the color and pattern of the grey swatch above, with black trim and drawer pulls.  I am still trying to figure out the color for the walls.  I believe that grey might be a bit much and had a friend of mine suggest the yellow for the bedroom to go with the orangey red that I am set on for the bath.  Now just to win the lottery and hire a live in nanny so that I can craft away.  Still so much to get done and the weather isn't helping with getting projects done outside.

3 comments:

Kelly Craig said...

stop or finish,,one or the other.j

Jill said...

I want to see! I want to see! This sounds like so much fun! Why don't we get the kids together (A and A can entertain K and K can entertain A and A) or something like that! :) I love all this kind of stuff! You are so creative! Do you ever read these blogs?! They so inspire me! http://www.thenester.com and http://www.thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com

Kelly Craig said...

I actually have been checking out thrifydecorchick from a link on your blog. I really like her stuff. I will definately check out the nester. Yes would love to have your advice/help in this area!