Tuesday, May 24, 2011

and so it begins..


Well here we go folks! The packing has begun.  I am not sure how I am going to get all of this stuff packed and have room to live in the meantime.  I believe the plan as of right now is to empty out the garage in our house and slowly start to bring in boxes from our house to start emptying out our house and start the transition.  We'll see how that works.  Until then boxes will be taking over.  The move date is the weekend of the 20th of June.  So I have about 3 1/2 weeks to go.  Prayer or strong back that travel in truck are appreciated that weekend.  ;)



Until then, I will tempt ya with a bit of my decorating I have in the works. I found this great piece of material that I am going to use in the kitchen. You'll never guess where I found it...Old Time Pottery! I know who would have thought right? But wait till you see it!  First let's remember what we are going from.  Remember the chicken coop?


 

Note the grayish counter tops and graying tile.  I am in search of the perfect paint color to go with this..
I love the soft blue tones and the greens with the yellow accents(that will go so well with my retro yellow canisters I got at Target) .  The gray swirls will go well with the counter tops.  Now any suggestions for a paint color?  Before you say let me take you into the mud room once more.  As these two room are kind of connected and I have material for the curtain in there as well.  This time coming from Hobby Lobby.  This is the wall that the kitchen and mud room share.


And here is my fabric for the curtain in there.
 This is for this window on the door.  I am thinking something along the lines of a draw up shade with ribbon ties. 

So here ya go folks.  You can see the two together.  They have the common blues, green and yellows.  The kitchen has a lot of natural light but is a bit small and I want it to appear bigger.  I am not apposed to two different colors in the two rooms.  Or even have one color in the kitchen and one in mud room with a completely different color on wall that is shared.  I am at a loss help!  Should I go with an off white and then do accent walls?  Or should I just get off my butt and pack some more?  Your right, where is my packing tape??

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm so excited for you I want to squeal!!!Ooh, I am loving that fabric from Old Time Pottery. I didn't even know they sold fabric. I'm loving the teal, yellow, red look right now that you see in a lot of kitchens. Gray is a great neutral color that you could pop with an accent wall in that blueish-tealish color, too. Need to come see and get ideas! So fun!