Saturday, May 21, 2011

Our 58 year old Grad!

We couldn't be prouder of our Mamaw!  At 58 she is a high school grad.  She worked her butt of going back to school to get her GED.  She told me last night that she left school during her sophomore year.  How awesome so many years later that she went right back and finished her education. What an inspiration to her grandkids that it is never too late to achieve a goal.  We all wished Papaw could have seen her in her cap and gown.  He was so proud of her. 

After the ceremony we had a reception for her at her (soon to be ours) house.  So much fun to throw a party and get a feel for how to entertain in our home.  I got so many compliments on the food that I worked so hard on and my chicken salad disappeared quickly.  One of her friends told me that my chicken salad was better than McAlisters.  I was beaming!  We enjoyed the back deck and James and I leaned on the rail and dreamed of what we wanted to do with our back yard.  Talks of a new swing set with the fort are already in the works.  The kids will be thrilled.  Such a fun night of laughing and reminiscing.  We didn't get home until 2am.  Mamaw knows how to party! 

1 comment:

Jill said...

That's wonderful! And loved hearing about all your "dreaming", too! :)