Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gratitude

Exit 0 was such an incredible experience.  I met so many grateful people that have so much less than most people that I know.  I witnessed people in need give their extra food to others that showed up late to the meal just to make sure that nobody goes hungry.

Such awesome story... I spoke to a man that heard that Jesus loved him for the first time through Exit 0 ministries.  Shortly after the ministry started they fed this man and found that it was his birthday.  Between meals they went home and baked him a cake and their 10 year old daughter made him a homemade card written on the bottom "Jesus loves you!".  After cleaning up the tables and such they tried to find him.  After a while of looking they found him behind the Waffle house sobbing.  He had never heard of Jesus love for him and it was overwhelming to him.  He now is saved and found that his temp job has turned permanent at Walmart in Clarksville this week. 

I met another man who is a Desert Storm vet.  He was wounded while in the army his wife held his 9 month old daughter and kissed him goodbye and he never saw them again.  They were killed by a drunk driver.  He was wounded in combat and has an artificial leg and has titanium in his arm.  He lives in a Suzuki sidekick that he is trying to get moved as the city tagged it an eyesore and took his pet right out of the window while he was in the car.  He has the most positive attitude I have seen in a long time and told us that Jesus was homeless and look how much he was able to do with His life.  What an awesome view point.

I met a young girl that was pregnant and due in 4 weeks that is going in for another ultrasound as the doc has told her that the baby is extremely under weight.  Her and her boyfriend live in a trailer and are close to getting the electric shut off and have no hot water. 

I got to feed the man (Brian) that I met in church a few weeks back and speak with him a bit.  His friend, also homeless, got a car and gave him his old bike so now he has some transportation.  He was really excited about it.

Such gracious people, such stories, such an eye opener.  I went with the intention of blessing people and showing them Jesus and I learned more than I could ever have shown them. 

No comments: