Sunday, July 3, 2011

Room to breathe

My parents came over to help out with a few projects.  My awesome dad helped James switch out my washer and dryer out of the basement.  We tried Vicki's washer and dryer and it just isn't big enough for my crew so we traded so that we have our own.  Thank you guys!  (Even though  it will be 2030 when my dad gets a computer and is able to read this)  My father helped James by getting up on the roof and checking out some leaks that we discovered during the past big storm.  Again thanks!

While the men were doing all the hard labor my  mom and I went to the store to get stuff to fire up the grill.  I love having a grill!  We had some Ball Park Angus franks along with smores made with the super huge marshmallows that they have now.  The kids were covered head to toe with sticky goo and it was great.  I didn't freak out once.  Anthony told me he had to go to the bathroom as he was covered in marshmallow and grass.  He stood there soaking wet from the sprinkler that they were playing in doing the pee pee dance.  I told him to go behind the bush in the back yard and do his business.  He decided to drop them right there and pee off the porch.  It was so stinking funny the first time but the second time we redirected him to ask before he just decides to take it upon himself to pee in public.

While at the grocery store I wondered around Meijer's garden center.  I found these beautiful purple plants.  I have seen these many times before but not this color. They are just gorgeous.  I am going to have to take a pic of them.  I weeded the back flowerbed and trimmed down my Azalea bushes.  I now have 3 and am in love with them.  I just love how full they are when they bloom.  While doing all my work I took a stroll across the back yard heading to the garage and rolled my ankle.  I hit the ground and was terrified as I heard something crunch.  I thought for a second I broke something.  But after a few minutes I was up and walking.  It is fine nothing major but feels like my ankle needs to poop.  If I turn my ankle the opposite way that it rolled now that hurts!  I'm going to ice it tonight and hope that all is well. 

My mother in law came over to eat with us tonight.  I believe she is starting to settle into life a bit.  She talked a lot while she was over here about Papaw.  It seems she is getting a kick out of watching me love on my new house.  She came over and inspected my weeding on the flower beds.  She said "These are the only flower beds that didn't get any attention this past year.  I was just too busy taking care of James." She smiled as I worked and has been nothing but complimentary.  It has been really nice.

It was so nice to have people over and not be stuck in a 20X14 room squeezed in and not having any room to breathe.  Kids laughing in the back yard. Grown ups laughing on the porch and in the house.  My mother in law even showed me that I could roast a marshmallow on the gas stove.  Now that is something to be excited about!!!

No comments: