Sunday, August 26, 2012

Going to see the Crashers!!


Sellersburg Celebrates time!  Ironically last year when we went I was unaware until last minute.  I remember the mad dash to get to the parade route. This year I found out via FB  where I get all of my news.  I packed up the kids we got some breakfast and headed out with our chairs.  Breakfast went great until mommy spilled her coke on the sidewalk.  The parade was great but this wasn't the main event.

Look at that face!  Anthony has talked all day about going to see the Louisville Crashers.  First thing this morning he said "Today is the day!"  We got home from the parade, took a shower, went to church and then I took them to Olive Garden.  Anthony has been begging me to take him to the place with the grapes on the sign.  I believe he thought it was a produce stand. That boy does love fruit and salads. Strange I know for a kid but he could eat his weight in salad.  We flew home to put or leftovers in the fridge and hosed down in bug spray. 

We followed the crowd (and boy was there a crowd) to the parking field.  We walked every bit of 1/2 mile carrying our chairs on our shoulders to get a place very far away from the stage as there was what seemed to be billions of people there.  Anthony was a bit disappointed in the seats as we were right up to the stage last time we saw them there and made it into their Small Town video.  He was pumped still though as you can tell by the look on his face.  The Crashers hit the stage and they were both up on their feet clapping and dancing.  The second song Anthony was seated and the third song he leaned over to me and said "Can I play with your phone this is kinda boring."  My jaw hit the ground.  Um buddy Mommy worked her whole day around this event and your bored three songs in???  I really think that his hopes of making it into another video was crushed.  We walked back to our car exhausted and scared to death as there was NO LIGHTS to light the way and I finally had the realization that I had a flashlight app on my phone.  We made it to the car safely parked along a heavily wooded tree line where wild animals and serial killers waited in the shadows I am sure of it.  Anthony was asleep before we got out of the field.  What us mommys do for our little ones.  I love the Crashers and would have loved to have stayed but believe that fighting the traffic out of there would be a nightmare. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

OMGosh Kelly, I LOVE how you capture Anthony's expressions. Hilarious!

**Glad you are back to blogging again! ☺