Sunday, August 5, 2012

Aching Soul on the night before the first day of school

I haven't written in forever.  My soul needs to write again.  My blog has been so therapeutic in times of stress and struggle. I need to get back to writing and getting some stuff off my chest and get some laughs documented that I don't to forget. 

Seems that the last time that I wrote was the time I took you over the hill to the park.  Sorry that the summer was so hot that we couldn't do that as much as we wanted to.  I wanted to write to say that tonight was a bit hard because this was the last time that mommy tucked you into bed on the "night before the first day of school" and wasn't telling you that you will be just fine and that you will love school and to behave.  I am so proud of the way that you are growing up. 

Anthony you are very protective of your sister.  Sometimes even though you have a bit of trouble bullying her I catch you when you don't think anyone is watching and you look at her with so much love in your eyes it makes me tear up.  You are becoming quite the gentleman.  I saw you today as you were walking out of Dollar Tree with that heavy bag that you insisted carrying by telling the cashier that you could handle it because you were a "Beefcake" open the door for that lady.  That makes my heart smile and want to burst out of my chest.

Addison you are still my little sparkle girl. I still swear you are part tree frog with your silly toes and fingertips.  You are so animated and I sometimes when I watch you I feel like I am watching myself grow up.  You remind me a lot of myself.  You are dramatic and I catch you singing in mirrors just like I loved to do when I was a kid.  You are very sharing with your brother and sister and I have seen you give them a toy when one has been taken away as a punishment.  I love to listen to you pray.  Your faith is an inspiration to me. I hope that the world never takes it away from you.

Victoria you are going to do fine in 3rd grade.  Do your best 100% of the time and keep a positive attitude.  I love you and still believe in you.  Pics to follow soon...

No comments: