Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy early Mother's Day

Today we went to my sister's for a Mother's day cookout. We dressed Victoria in that lovely swimsuit that Punkin got her complete with her life jacket and bright orange fuzzy hat that went so well with her pineapple sunglasses. Punkin cracked up when she saw her get out of the car.

We had a really good time and the babies tried their first hand at sippy cups. They caught on quite well. They looked like little kids instead of babies holding them. Very cute! After dinner we walked over to Rick and Betty's house (my aunt and uncle) so that they could see the babies and we could visit with my Papaw. Betty was covered in slobber from Addison and we laughed continuously at Addison because she didn't stop talking the whole time that we were there. She just babbled the entire time. It must have been something very serious that she needed to tell us because her face was very stern.

Bubby decided while Rick was holding him up to show us that he understands the concept of walking and just started putting one leg in front of the other. Mom and I looked at each other in amazement. We couldn't believe it. Are we really getting close to that? At least it is one of them getting close to instead of both. I think I am going to have to ease into that level of mobility with them. At least I will lose weight quick.

No comments: