Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Splish Splash I've been taking baths

This week has been a little hectic. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with my blog. Our shower (not the storage one) is out of order. James and I decided that it was time to turn our front bathroom shower into a shower that we can use. My dad looked it over and thought it would be a job easy to do for him and my uncles. So Thursday early my dad and all of my uncles show up ready for some demo. Dad had already purchased the shower for us and it was in the back of his truck ready to go we just needed to get the old one out. I bought the guys some masks to prevent them from breathing fiberglass and even gave one to Victoria after I wrote on it "I am talking and I can't shut up!" . The guys got a kick out of it. Well like everything else in our lives it wasn't as simple as we thought. When they got the tub up they realized that the pipes ran along the floor under the tub so to put the shower in they had to build a platform to set the shower on. Then on top of that NONE of the fixtures or anything would work on the new shower. I headed for Grandma's house shortly after they started to get the kids away from the dust and get Victoria out from under their feet. We had a good time and just hung out and fed our fish next door.

Day 2 (Friday) of the project didn't go as smoothly as we thought either. Once they got all of the supplies that they needed my dad was standing outside looking at the wall for the shower that all of the shelves are on. He just stared at it while his heart sank. The bottom shelf hits right where they just finished putting the knobs for the shower. They called it a day and are going to get started on it next weekend.

We on the other hand have been taking baths. I love to take baths when I have the time, and I am not counting on washing my hair. Victoria and I have been taking baths together to save some time and water. She loves the bath pills that I got her that change the color of the water so for the past week I have been taking green, blue and yellow baths. James laughed at me when I was taking my blue bath. I told him I felt like I was bathing in a toilet. Hopefully the guys don't have as much trouble on the second week of the project as they did the first and I can wash my hair without having to lay on a heating pad. The body doesn't twist and turn like it used to and getting under that faucet in the tub isn't as easy as it seems. Most people have to take a nap after taking a bath, I have to take a Tylenol.

No comments: