Sunday, May 18, 2008

Late night LEGO run

Today was wonderful. I got to go to Lift with my mom niece nephew and my friend Leslie. Lift is a service at Northside that they have once every quarter and it is amazing. Very intimate and LOUD all at the same time. It reminds me of The Vine at Southeast. It was great to worship with friends and family. James stayed home to get some last minute stuff done before he needed to leave for work tomorrow.

Once we got home Victoria and I went to grab our box of LEGOS that I found for a bargain at Goodwill this past week. We have had quite a few fun times with them and many safety talks about making sure that they are all picked up and away from the babies. James has joined in on the fun and we have found ourselves after the kids are asleep playing with them in bed by ourselves. We are such kids at heart. So tonight when Victoria and I got them out to play I tried to make her a school bus. I quickly got frustrated with the fact that I didn't have enough yellows to complete my task so at 10:30 at night James sent Victoria and I out to Walmart to buy the biggest LEGO set we could find saying "Let's face it we have had quite a bit of fun playing with them.... WE NEED MORE" So off Victoria and I went to buy LEGOs at Walmart. She thought it was so cool to be out alone without babies and to be up past bedtime in the toy department of Walmart. The sales lady got a kick out of it when I explained our predicament of not having enough yellows and she was still laughing as we were walking away from the checkout. We completed our school bus and Daddy even got his own set to make a glow in the dark car. We are ate up!

No comments: