Thursday, September 11, 2008

I guess they would have little brains too.

This morning I was sitting out on my swing and just taking in the wonderful weather that we have been having her in good ol' Southern Indiana. While sitting there I watched two dogs walk by and noticed now that everyone is opening their windows to let in the fresh air that we have quite a few animals here around our house. Lots of dogs barking at the dogs outside being walked, and a few cats. Someone has a very loud obnoxious bird close too. Every 4 seconds I heard this loud squawk, not as relaxing as a little robin chirping in a nest but in a trailer park you have to take what you can get, ya know?

I then took notice of the wildlife around our house. I have a pet rabbit that sits with me in the yard while I smoke my last cigarette of the night. (I know nasty habit, and I am trying to get in the mind set to quit, unsuccessfully) I also have a hummingbird that has taken up residence near my home. My neighbor has a feeder so from time to time I see him buzzing by my house on the way to eat. This particular morning while I was taking in the wonder of this creation of God, I was reminded how small everything is on this bird. He was flying by (don't ask me how I know it was a "he") and he stopped dead in his tracks once he noticed our two flood lights right outside our door. You could see he got really excited about it and tried to feed off of them. He thought he had hit the mother load! He tried a couple of times and then realized that he was just banging his beak on plastic. He stopped and turned to me in a "You didn't just see that did you?" kind of way and then got out of my yard as fast as he could. I wish he would of stuck around a little longer for me to explain the stupid things I do on a daily basis he would of felt a little better about himself.

No comments: