Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A "whole" big mess

I called the pediatrician this morning to see if they were wanting me to switch over to whole milk. I used the last of my last can of formula last night and was hoping that I wouldn't have to spend 26 bucks for a can to last me till their one year check up on Friday. I just couldn't' see spending that much for a couple of days. They gave me the OK to go to whole milk. I didn't have any time to get to the store before I had to do some nails for a friend so we had apple juice with our breakfast. I knew that I could make due with juice till this evening.

Tonight I took Victoria to the church that she had bible school at. They are starting a WOW kids program every week on Wednesdays. Victoria was very excited to go and so was I. They even fed them, you gotta love that! I dropped her off and headed out to get myself some lunch. I decided to be a good wife and bring James some food too. We sat in the parking lot and had a quick date over some White Castles and then I took off to Target to kill some time.

My plan: Take Victoria to WOW then I could go and get myself something to eat, do some shopping, then pick Victoria up and grab a gallon of milk on the way home, feed the babies their night bottle and then crash into bed.

How it went: Get breakfast for everyone, give everyone a bath, Do a set of nails, fix lunch, Put babies in car, take babies out of car and take Victoria to WOW put babies back in car and stroller in back then I got some food(drive thru), saw James,went to Target (stroller out and stroller in) and realized that it was time for the babies to eat again. I ran home and left the car running while I ran into the house to grab a bottle for them, still no whole milk. I thought what is the difference between whole and 2%? One feeding isn't going to make a difference right? I knew juice wouldn't hold them till I got to the store. I grabbed the bottles and took them out to the car to the babies. They both freaked out! It tasted different, it was cold and they were not having it. I had to stop twice on the way back to get Victoria because they chucked the bottles across the back of the car and got milk all over the car seats that I just cleaned. I get the babies out of the car, stroller out, find Victoria and after putting the stroller back into the car, head to the grocery store for some milk, hoping that they will like it better and will have less fussing. I get the stroller out of the car and set it up behind my car and walk to one side of the car to get Addison and walk back to the back of my car....."where is my stroller?" It is half way down the parking lot! I forgot to set my brake and I am now holding a baby with no stroller to put her into. I walk about 10 parking spaces down and grab my stroller. Victoria is yelling at me from the car "Did you 'porget' to push the brake?!" Anthony is screaming his head off. He is hungry and wanting something other than that crap in the bottle that mommy is trying to sell me on. I get Victoria one of the little cart and give the speech of "If you want to be a big girl and push the little cart while mommy has the stroller you need to pay attention to what you are doing", I grab my gallon of milk and dozen eggs, and head to the baby department for some baby food, pick up the display of disposable bibs that Victoria knocked over and grab some jars of food, pick up the coffee creamer that Victoria knocked off the shelf and head to the register. Put the babies back in the car, stroller in car and head home, unload babies, unload groceries, warm food, Victoria in jammies, feed babies, try the whole milk warmed, same reaction from before and put them and Victoria to bed.

It all seemed so simple, I thought I had the whole thing figured out. I was going to have a relaxing time while Victoria was off making new friends and learning more about God. 8 loads and unloads of the stroller, one chasing of the stroller and two remodels of the grocery store displays and I am beat! This is what "Oh I am just going to take Victoria to this little thing that they are doing at church and pick up a gallon of milk" looks like in my world. I hear all of the time "I don't know how you do it." I tell ya some days I don't either. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments: