Saturday, September 6, 2008

No apologies necessary!

Today was the big Twins sale! I have been waiting for it for 6 months now. I woke up this morning and grabbed the kiddos and headed out the door. Needless to say the side by side was a little tricky to get around in there (it is set up in a gym) but it helped me stay within my budget of what I wanted to spend. I could only take so much of knocking stuff over before I was ready to leave. Plus, I still needed to pick some stuff up with the babies birthday money at Babies R Us. The kids were great! I decided to take Victoria to Krispy Kreme to reward her for her help. I really wanted to go inside to show her how they make the doughnuts but the stroller wouldn't fit so to the drive through we went.

Mom and Dad called me on the way home to invite me and the kids to dinner at King Fish on the river. We love it there and the day was perfect for it. They knew I wasn't enjoying the fact that James was needing to work this weekend and that I would be lonely. We ended up staying for 2 hours watching Victoria give us fashion shows on the patio.

After dinner we took off to church. Great service tonight. We celebrated and a party. The sermon was about things that God wants to party for and do a little jig about. They had little kids up on the stage dancing and had a balloon drop too. Too much fun!

After the service I headed up to the "Large Group" room for the kids to watch the puppeteers in preparation for volunteering for Kidstuff. They are in need of set designers and actors. I watched with such a smile on my face watching the kids singing the songs and saying bible verses word by word. I couldn't help but think about what a blessing it is to see the light bulb above the kids faces to hear about God. I teach Victoria about him, but to be able to help other children learn about how much God loves them would be such a blessing too. It isn't going to be long before Anthony and Addison will be there watching Farmer Sissy (the "real" person that leads the show) and learning about how God made the world and everything in it.

When I finally headed back home from the long day, Victoria told me about what she said when she walked into her classroom at church. She has only been there a few weeks and is just getting to know that teacher in her new classroom. Apparently first thing after I turned and walked away from dropping her off (mind you 15 minutes early) was "Sorry I am late. I had to go to a yard sale!" I could only imagine what the teacher thought, how funny! I sincerely believe that Victoria thinks they built the whole building for her, and that the rest of us just "get" to participate too.

No comments: