Monday, September 29, 2008

I am 32? When did that happen?

Well Happy Birthday to me! I am 32 years old today. I am not really sure how that happened. Celebration started earlier last week with my friends Jill and David surprising me with a birthday cake, so sweet of them. Apparently they got it at Kroger and happened to see me in the store shopping. They tried to dodge me so that they weren't caught in the act. I find that so funny. I would love to see some video of them tip toeing around the store making sure I didn't see them.

This morning Mom came to start off the Birthday festivities. She took me to lunch at Golden Corral because we thought that the babies would do well there. It is so kid friendly.



James met us there and surprised me with one of my favorites...I love willow tree figurines! They are just my favorite! He found a keepsake box of the two together figurines. It has two babies on the top and he explained to me that when I give the babies their first haircut I could keep the hair in there. How sweet is that? He also bought me a cross necklace. I was so impressed that he remembered! I told him that I wanted a new one when I got back home from my Faces of Christ retreat. It is beautiful. He did good, I need to give the guy more credit for his thoughtfulness. I love you honey!



After dinner we went to Pro Liquitech in Louisville. My mom's friend owns it and cleans the factory on a weekly basis. They do flavorings for drinks. They make everything from Jones Soda to Flavored milk for cats. You wouldn't think that there was a call for that kind of a thing but I guess there is. It is really cool in there to see all of the beakers full of bright colored flavorings. We took Victoria in there one day to see it and she started calling David Dafoe (moms friend and business owner) David Wonka. She agreed with us that it looked like Willy Wonka's factory. David grabbed Anthony and took him on a tour of the place. Anthony wouldn't go to anyone else. He loved Dave, and Dave was loving the fact that he only wanted to hang out with him.



After Pro liquitech we headed off to 21C to see the new exhibits, then off to the mall to find an outfit for my night out on the town coming up. A friend of mine is playing in Louisville next weekend. I am really excited about it and was on the hunt for some new clothes. I seem to be outgrowing all of mine that I have now. I had success! I found a pair of jeans and a cute purple top. I also found one of my favorite movies Singing in the Rain. I have been on the hunt for it for quite a while. Of all of the places that I have looked I found it at the music store at the mall. I was really excited that I found it on sale too!


Well the birthday celebrating is over and I am wiped out. I am off to bed with another year under my belt, a few more aches and pains in my body and a new age to embrace. Here is to another year farther into this place they call "IN" my thirties.

No comments: