Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Well it is done

I am sitting here after breaking a sweat decorating Victoria's room for her birthday. She went to bed around 9 tonight and I waited and waited for her to fall asleep. I kept a movie on for background noise in her room so that I could sneak in later and decorate while she was sleeping.

Once she was asleep I went to work. I grabbed the bag of balloons, presents that need to be wrapped, and headed to my room to get started. I "attempted" to blow up one of the balloons myself unsuccessfully. My jaw is still very very sensitive. I remembered that my mom bought me a manual air pump on a clearance rack for blowing up the babies rafts this past summer. I hunted and hunted while the babies started to cry, then cry a little harder, then scream! I believe that Addison is trying to get another tooth now. (That is another fun part of twins, when one is finally finished breaking a tooth it ususally means that the other is just starting the fussiness of cutting a tooth)

I finally find the pump and place a balloon on the end of the tube and begin to pump. The nozzle at the end of the tube is much smaller than the mouth of the balloon so I am having to hold on extra tight. I pump once and when I pull the lever out again to pump the second time ALL of the air gets sucked right back out of the balloon and back into the pump itself. Addison and Anthony are now in their exersaucers at the foot of my bed watching me with expressions of complete and total comfusion.

After many tries different ways I come the conclusion that I am going to have to pump this air pump REALLY FAST, and pinch the tip of the balloon while pulling the handle out so that it doesn't suck the air back out. I am now wishing that I got the pack of 6 not 20 balloons.

I am now standing in front of a fan blowing up balloons because I am covered in sweat, 8 balloons blown up,and the babies are getting mad at me with every balloon that I blew up and placed on the bed and not in their tiny little hands. My life is so chaotic lol!
Her room looks great! I even covered her doorway in streamers that she can walk through as a 5 year old little lady! I am not sure what we are going to do to celebrate tomorrow but I am going to let her call the shots. I might even let her wear one of her princess outfits if we go out. All I know is it will be an adventure, it always is!

No comments: