Monday, March 9, 2009

Bits and pieces

I believe that we are at the end of sickness with the kiddos. I am not sure if it is starting in me or if my allergies are acting up. I got into some deep cleaning in the living room. Lucy has been interfering James's ability to breath. I pulled the couch out and vacuumed the back of it where she rubs while sitting in the window. I could have made a whole other cat with the fur that I collected. I got under the desk on my hands and knees with the attachments and vacuumed around all of the computer cords and such. LOTS of dust I "thought" I had been getting. I can't breath now. No other symptoms than that so fingers crossed it is allergies.

This weekend was GORGEOUS! Mid 70's and sunny. I opened up the windows and let all of that fresh air in the house to sweep away the germs that had been keeping us sick. My house is coated in Oust and Lysol. It was so good to feel that breeze on me while I was working away. Victoria and I went outside with the babies and went for a walk. Victoria took her doll stroller with her and walked by my side all around our neighborhood. Everyone driving by got a kick out of the 5 year old stressed out mother pushing her babies on a warm pre-spring afternoon.

Thank you Mr. Taxman, we got our refund Friday. We have been holding our breath until then. Thank goodness it got here when we were told. I got to go and get me some clothes. My ever expanding waistline has limited my wardrobe to sweatpants and T-shirts I clean the house in. My "good outfit" for church and what-not was built on a sweater, now that the weather is warming up I don't think that is going to work too well. I got some cute clothes at Walmart and I can't wait to have somewhere to go to look nice. Date night honey....hint....hint...HINT. It is funny how Walmart clothes look so much cuter when your priorities change and you grow up and understand the value of a dollar. Maybe their buyers are just doing a better job. I "tried" not to get a wardrobe of black again. But I had to laugh this past weekend when I heard a comedian saying he just started a new diet, he wears a black shirt. SO me!
After that beautiful weekend it was off to another Monday. I chose to spend it cleaning out our closet again. Our bedroom was destroyed for the better part of the day but MAN it looks good now! So worth it. Then off to bible study, can I just say how incredible it is to not have to put coats on the babies and fly out to the car to get them out of the cold?? It just changes my mood instantly. Sometimes it is just so much easier to just stay "stuck in the house" than to go out and have to pack up all of the things needed to leave.

No comments: