Tuesday, March 31, 2009

You have to take the bad with the good.


This weekend was wonderful and horrible all at the same time. On the good note, Makenzie came over and stayed the night for the first time since October. It was like we had never had drama. It was wonderful! Her and I got to bond over dressing up Anthony in Addison's clothes (complete with hair bow and silver glitter shoes, he felt PRETTY and strutted around the house showing off his new look, Daddy didn't approve). We laughed and cut up the whole time she was here. It was great to have her. We took all of the bigger kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens and really enjoyed it. We came home and made jello molds with pineapple (you have to see it to understand)

Brooklyn and Victoria have mixed like oil and vinegar this weekend, we'll just leave it at that!

Anthony's viral infection hasn't been affected at all by the steroids, and Addison started running a fever. We had a rough night a couple of nights ago. I grabbed her from bed and took her to lay in our bed for a bit. She was mesmerized by the TV in our room. She is becoming quite the couch potato. We put a small TV in the nursery so that they can watch Sesame Street and their Einstein DVD and Addison is hooked! I made her a new blanket yesterday and she got mad at me when I showed it to her because I was blocking the view to her Mickey Mouse Club House. When she was relaxing with Mommy and Daddy she would stand up go and give Daddy a hug and kiss and then sit back down only to immediately get back up and give me a hug and kiss. It was as though she had seen the most beautiful TV ever and was so appreciative to us for letting her experience it. Hilarious!

We made an appointment for both of the babies to go back to the doc. In the meantime, James had to pick up his truck at Freightliner and take it to his parents to park it and then get picked up by me while I dropped off the bigger kids at Mamaw and Papaw's house, so that we could take the twins to their appointment. I pulled in the driveway to drop them off and received a phone call from James to let me know that he wasn't going to make it in time. I took a deep breath while trying to figure out how I was going to get two 19 month olds in the doc with no stroller (we took it out of the car so that Brooklyn could ride in the car with us) Kids screaming I grabbed Anthony out first and pulled my purse and diaper bag as high as I could on my shoulder as I made my way to get Addison. Very tricky, to say the least, to hang onto one and get the other one unbuckled out of her car seat. I managed and made my way, back screaming, to the front door. I signed them in with the two fingers I had left and balancing two kids knowing that if I put one down I would have my hands full more so than I already had. The girls at the desk were super helpful and after seeing me struggle for a few minutes took me to the family waiting area in a private room with a TV...BONUS! Addison would be happy!!

My phone rings while the doc is checking out baby #1 and find out that James is in the waiting area he brought his semi to the doc office. It was so funny looking sitting in the tiny parking lot. Although he did mess up the semi trying to rush and get out from under his trailer allowing the king pin on his trailer to catch and pull the back bumper out about 4 inches.

After a diagnosis of double ear infections in Addison again we are asked to give Anthony a breathing treatment in the room. (notice this is when hot flashes happen in Mommy) I open up with window in the room and James holds Anthony while I keep an eye on Addison. She has discovered that the doorstop looks AMAZINGLY like a lotion dispenser. She walks under the nebulizer tube stretching from the bed to Anthony's nose would smack the door stop, put some "lotion" on her hands rub it in walk back under the tube to rub some on my belly and repeated this over and over the whole time Anthony is squirming in Daddy's lap fighting the inevitable. James and I are looking at each other laughing hysterically at the two of them and ourselves.

The doc comes in and listens to Anthony's lungs still hears wheezing and says we need to give him ANOTHER full treatment. Good thing there was still lotion left. LOL. The second treatment went much like the first.

Anthony is now on and 10 day extended run of his original steroid and has been given an additional one that we give him in his nebulizer. Addison is on an antibiotic (a new one that I am keeping my fingers crossed that we have no reaction to this one) and is to take it for 10 days. Oh and I fogot to say that James got called to work while all of this is going on.

So here I sit, venting on the keyboard, waiting for James to get back home from his route, two sick kids in bed and a 5 year old on one end of the house sitting in permanent time out and an 8 year old on the other, in the same predicament. "You can't be around each other without bullying, fighting, and hitting, then you can't be together! Enjoy your time of reflection!" (sound of gavel hitting the desk) Ahh a quiet house.....

No comments: