Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Therapy, boy do we need it (wink)

This morning Addison's rash has spread a little more. The doc said that it will probably get worse before it gets better. She still seems comfortable and is getting steady doses of Benadryl. Anthony started his speech therapy this morning. LOVE his therapist. She was very informative and it seems as thought the biting, eating, and speech issues are all related. Sounds like his tongue thrusting from infancy is causing the problem. The temper tantrums are caused by his inability to communicate his needs at times. Makes sense to me. I know I can throw a good tantrum when I feel like my needs aren't' getting met (can't I honey..:) ) So we are doing OT (another wonderful therapist) on one day for fine motor skills and then speech on the other. He took immediately to both therapists and of course did everything exactly like they were needing him to, and saying words that I have never hear him say (apparently someone that isn't "mom" trying to get him to do something is COMPLETELY different, and he does exactly what he is told.) Looking forward to the progress. Mom is on her way over and she is giving me a few hours to go to the Y. I think I remember how to get there. I have been unable to go for the past month and a half with sick kids. I am going to take Victoria with me and go in the open gym area and show her my basketball skills. Maybe I should bring her some protective eye wear, seeing as though I have NO basketball skills. She needs to get out of the house just as much as I do.

No comments: