Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm still standing...surprisingly!

After an amazing weekend with my husband, that started early with truck trouble on the road, the week begins with a great but hectic "Leslie Monday". We waited for our first check from Rush to come in the mail so that I could fly to our banks to make sure payments were made on time. I did make it to both of the banks before they closed so I was excited. Leslie and I enjoyed the session 4 of our Bible study (still so good!) and then off to the house to hang out and watch our shows. Victoria spent Monday with me helping me get the house cleaned up from the weekend and getting everything Lysol ed down and all of the germs gone. She was so cute her and I both had our bandannas wrapped around our heads in true house cleaning fashion and worked our buns off. I got tickled at her talking to Boogie.."Now Boogie, I can't play right now Mom and I are working really hard to get this house clean so that Leslie can come over and play" It was adorable. She didn't leave my side all day long. She was a soldier for cleanliness.

Monday night after Leslie left I headed to bed and woke up around 1:30 to my stomach hurting really bad. Within 15 minutes I found myself running to the bathroom and threw up. This was the second night in a row for that to happen. No other symptoms at all just late night sickness (NO I AM NOT ABLE TO GET PREGNANT SO DON'T EVEN GO THERE!lol!) Around 2:30 I heard crying on the monitor. Victoria was up and very upset. I went into her room and tried to get her calmed down. She laid in bed with her hand on her head staring at the ceiling saying "I just don't know Mom I just can't get any good sleep" I caved and let her sleep in my bed. She had her peacock blanket in my bed so fast and was snuggled up, she was a streak of peacock blanket flying to my room.

This morning I woke up early knowing that the babies 18 month check up was today. I got the babies fed and poured Victoria a bowl of "Raisin Branch" cereal. She took two bites and took off running to the bathroom and got sick. This happened twice while I was getting everyone ready. Good thing I was heading to the doctor. We left with a diagnosis of Strep throat for Victoria (her ear is doing great and seems to have healed very well) and double ear infections in both Anthony and Addison. CRAP! Is this ever going to end???? Everyone in the house is on Antibiotics now. We headed off to Walgreens so that the insurance information could get messed up and think that Addison is Anthony and not fill her prescription because Anthony's prescription was already filled. Such a mess! It took 3 trips to the Walgreens drive thru with crying kids in the backseat (A&A both had one immunization on top of the ear infections). We headed off to McDonalds to get some entertainment for our sick crew and then off to James's old work to drop off payment for his insurance. On the way my car's engine light came on again along with the 4 wheel drive light. CRAP! I met mom so that she could hang out by my car while I went into the store for some more juice and supplies at Aldi's and finally 4 1/2 hours later from our simple "check up appointment". It never fails to be a not so simple day for us. But we keep our head up and keep trucking on.

Tonight the kids have actually done really well. Anthony threw up once and then headed back to bed to get some rest. He is up now trying to get my attention and Addison hasn't stopped talking to the whole night. Victoria seems comfortable and hasn't gotten sick anymore she just doesn't want to eat. We are holding it down and with the help of Beverly Hills Chihuahua and High School Musical 3 I believe we are going to make it.

No comments: