Sunday, May 9, 2010

First hosted dinner a huge success!

What an incredible day.  I will leave out the part that Anthony threw up on my within 20 minutes of me waking up this morn, wait I guess I didn't leave that out did I?  Happy Mother's Day to me. :)  Got up and started on the prep for the dinner, lots to do.  James was such a big help in the kitchen.  I probably couldn't have pulled it off without him.  We had quite a spread of food and a card table set up in the living room for the "kid table".  Ten total in my house eating.  I thought someone would end up eating in the bathtub.  It was comfortably snug but we all fit.

Everyone enjoyed the food and I believe mom wanted to check me for a temp because of how good everything tasted.  ("Is this my daughter?") I tried my hand at homemade stuffing for my turkey.  OH MY GOODNESS!  I didn't think I could top my sister's stuffing.  I would have to say that hers is some of the best stuffing I have had but I did pretty darn good for a first try.   I was a bit disappointed in my peanut butter pie. The recipe called for over night in the fridge but it still hadn't set up.  Good thing I had a coconut backup.  It was gone in 60 seconds!  We had a great time and I was surprised by the girls with roses from Papaw's rose bush.  Check these out! 
Aren't they amazing?

James also brought me a Guzmania that is beautiful too just haven't gotten a pic yet.  I do have to say my FAVORITE gift he gave me on Mother's Day is....
Love you honey!  I know you would rather buy a stove or flowers than do dishes.  I appreciate the sacrifice along with the gifts.  ;)

The night ended with an episode of Bill Cosby with my little ones attacking me with snuggles on the couch.  What an incredible day!  I loved my first "official Mother's day" but I have to say that getting to hear your kids say "Hap Moder's Ay!"  grinning from ear to ear is a pretty amazing feeling, even if they just threw up on you in your bed. :) Forgot to mention that part didn't I?

No comments: