Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tantrums

Oh how my youngest daughter has perfected her art.  The last few days with Miss Addison Marie have been quite a challenge.  She goes from sweet smiling to full blown fist swinging, leg kicking tantrum in .8 seconds.  Tuesday mom came over to eat with us and she started in.  I ended up putting her to bed and she removed her diaper.  I put diaper back on with the assistance of a little duck tape. She removed duck tape and wrapped it very tightly around the rail of her bed and was dancing around naked with two halves of a plastic Easter eggs strategically placed over her nipples.  Oh how cute! (please don't forget the sarcastic tone)  I then tapped her little bottom, put yet another diaper on her, duck taped it, and placed her in a zip up sleeper with arms and legs cut out backwards so she couldn't get out.  Boy this really ticked her off!  She screamed for an hour and a half solid.  Mom and I took the other kids outside and played a bit and let her scream it out (or I was going to myself).  Any advice here?  This is happening daily now.

2 comments:

Jason & Michelle said...

Wow! Sounds like she knows how to push your buttons, Momma! Mine do it plenty too. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I'll keep you guys in my prayers and hope it all gets worked out soon!

Jill said...

Umm, think she's strong-willed, just a wee bit??? :)

My mom and dad swear by the book The Strong-Willed Child by Dr. Dobson. My mom says it was kind of like her guidebook while raising me. I'll see if she still has her copy.