Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New "nove", cancelled appointment, and dinosaurs

A bit disappointed that I missed Bible study again today but Best Buy called at 7:30 this morning to tell me that they would be delivering my stove today.  It was right in the middle of the morning so looked like I would be staying home.  I popped a bagel in the toaster for my hungry little ones and there was knock at the door.  My stove was here.  There is much excitement around her during  garbage truck day (tomorrow) but this was WAY more exciting.  A big truck pulled up to our house and immediately got Anthony's attention.  The two men walked in the door and had on Best Buy shirts (Anthony is well aware that this is Daddy's fav store) and drug off our old stove right in front of Anthony and Addison (still waiting on their bagel).  Anthony kept yelling "Our nove!  Our nove!"  Addison just looked over her shoulder as they were walking out calm and dry as she can said "Our stove went bye bye".  Then it happened, they walked back in our house with a brand new "Back (black) nove! Oh Man!" Anthony said while shaking his head yes in complete approval.  The two men got a real kick out of it.

Our day today was suppose to be Bible study then off to meet up with Maw maw so that I could meet James to meet up with our lawyer a meeting. (wish I could fit the word meet in there one more time) James was stuck at Ford at the dock and couldn't make it, but mom came anyway.  It had been a while since we had just hung out with no big plans.  My schedule is crazy these days with appointments for church, supervised visits, counseling I haven't had much time to just enjoy a day without some thing that I HAD to do.  We hung out around the house and cooked on my new stove.  Actually we heated up on my new stove mom's leftover Bunco food from the night before.  Very exciting and odd to be so excited about appliances.  I must be getting old.

I got mom hooked on Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook.  She sat for about an hour and a half playing while we waited for Victoria to get off of the bus.  We rushed Victoria to the house to change her clothes.  I told her to put on the pink shorts that I laid out on her bed.  Well I had totally forgot that mom had brought a princess dress that my sister found at a yard sale over and we laid it out on her bed too.  Victoria half listened to me as I said "Go in the house and put on your pink......(officially tuned me out)"  Yep we all waited in the car Anthony and Addison strapped in the their car seats, mom and I in the front seat waiting and waiting and waiting.  Then yep you guessed it she walked out on my steps with her princess dress and tennis shoes.  She looked so darn funny.  She was grinning from ear to ear like we were about to take her to Cinderella's castle.  We were really going to the zoo.  After a bit of assistance we were properly dressed and in the car. 

Victoria and I took in the Dinosaur exhibit.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Victoria was surprisingly a bit nervous.  She made sure that I was standing between the dino and her.  She did enjoy it and warmed up to the dinos when she saw them on the way back through.

We headed back home starving and heated the leftovers back up.  Addison finished the meal off by scooting the pan of baked beans over to her using the serving spoon as her own.  Mom and I were in such deep conversation that we didn't notice that she had pushed her plate away and helped herself to what was left of the beans.  We cracked up at her and Anthony decided that he could top that by grabbing the Tupperware of fried potatoes and the big serving spoon about the length of his arm and chow down. 

We had a blast today.  It was long overdue!  So long since I just kicked back and enjoyed life a bit and not worried about my messy closet, dishes on the table and came home to my new stove and 3 adorable kids.  Can I wake up to this day again tomorrow?  Please?

No comments: