Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Preparation

Everyone in the house is asleep and I am just not ready for bed.  So many thoughts running through my head about how blessed I am.  How is it that a young girl that has lived such a life as I have could be sitting in a house with a loving husband snoring away in the bedroom, a curly head little girl that adores me sleeping away (probably snoring too) and two little ones in bed (one sucking his thumb and one passed with arms and legs spread across the bed that think I hung the moon?  One word...God.  Just so humbled.  I don't deserve any of this, yet he chose to bless me in this way.  How could I be loved this much? Things aren't always perfect, some days I want to crawl in a hole but that is part of being a mom.  Picking ourselves up and brushing the dust off and giving it one more try over and over and over.

Friday was the Kindergarten Mother's Day Tea.  Victoria had been driving me nuts with it for about a month.  She was so wound up and worried about what she was going to wear, the "surprises" that they were going to give us, and just generally looked like she was going to spontaneously combust at any given moment.  Well it finally came.  Things worked out great and my sister was driving the bus for a field trip to the zoo and mom wanted to take the kids.  Mom picked up A&A in the morning and I took off down the hill to Victoria's school.  Victoria's class was lined up along the hallway waiting for us mom's to be let into the hallway.  They were all grinning from ear to ear.  All in nice church clothes, some of the boys were even wearing ties.  They handed each of us a rose and led us by the hand to the classroom where they had the room decorated.  One large table with punch and cookies and the round tables that they use for desks were covered in their art projects.  This included handmade cards, placemat, colored pictures, chore flower, and sweet poems.  I was a near sobbing before the program even started.  Mrs. O the teachers assistant had to bring me a Kleenex.  All of the kids were so well behaved.  They sat in their chairs in the front of the room.  They sang "I'm a little teapot" recited poems and sang some songs about mom's that had all of us teary eyed.  Victoria was on her best behavior and told me that she was going to get my cookies first.  She came back with a plate with two cookies on it and then went back to get her three cookies.  :)  She presented me with my potted flower that I will post pics of soon.  There is an insert in the pot where she colored a picture.  I told her that I loved her coloring but asked what it was.  (Keep in mind that I had just dried up my tears)  She told me that they were hot air balloons.  "Mom remember when just you and me went to see the hot air balloons go up in the air?"  She was talking about the date that we went on at IUS for Harvest Homecoming.  Made me tear up all over again.  I had forgotten about that day, her little sweetheart hadn't.  Darn, I love that kid!

After the program I high tailed it to the zoo.  I met up with my crew and we had a ball at the zoo.  We got to see the "turdies" swimming in the pond with the ducks.  "Turdies", you know that green things with the shell?  Yep that is what Anthony calls turdies.  We stopped in the gift shop on the way out.  We battled about 20 buses of school age kids getting their last minutes souvenirs and headed out.  We left the gate and I looked down at Anthony to see him playing with a decent sized stuffed gorilla.......that we didn't pay for.  "Oh my goodness Anthony you can't take that!"  I ran back to the gift store and gave the gorilla back to the laughing cashier and headed back to the car.  Oh my sticky fingered son.  He tells me all of the time "My hands are gicky!" so that I will pull the chair up to the sink and let him wash his hands.  I guess his hands are a bit "gickier" than I thought.  :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Um. . .you have me crying. Thanks a lot! : ) So glad to hear about your Mother's Day. You are blessed. God is so good.

BTW-do you have a recipe for coconut pie??? If so, please share. :)