Wednesday, April 20, 2011

If it was going to happen any place I am glad it was there.

Today I had to pick up Makenzie as she comes over to our house on Wednesdays.  I picked her up from her home and she walked out the door with a huge smile on her face. Her electricity was off from the storm last night and she was happy to being going somewhere with the ability to turn on a light or even watch TV.  I drove from her house (Clarksville) to the Kroger on Charlestown Rd (New Albany) so that I could pick up some snacks for Bible study.  While roaming around it finally hit me, "Wait when I was out earlier I noticed my gas gauge was on 8 miles left when I was coming home from running errands earlier today."  I must have made it here on fumes.  Sure enough I get in the car and it starts but my gauge is on a big fat 0!  I back up and barely tap the gas as I plan on getting gas at the Kroger gas station.  I kid you not it finally dies right in front of the pharmacy window.  If I was to ever run out of gas I am glad it is there.  I pushed the car about 50 feet to the gas pump while Makenzie steered the wheel.  God is so good to give me enough fumes to make it that close to the pump and I am such an idiot for forgetting how low my gauge was. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love your stories! Glad it all worked out! :)