Wednesday, April 27, 2011

We're moving!!

I hadn't mentioned it much yet because I didn't want to get my hopes up.  Vicki, James mom, has been working on getting her house payment lowered because it was unaffordable to her with the loss of income after Papaw passed.  For the past month and a half she has been turning in paperwork to try to get approved for a load that the government offers to widows.  The plan has been that if this gets approved that she will give us the house and keep it under her name and we will rent to own.  I wasn't getting too excited about it as when I do about things they usually fall apart and even if the loan did go through we would still have to find someone to buy our house so that we can get out of it.  She has now decided that she is wanting our house. Problem solved!

Today James called me and told me to not spend another dime fixing up our house.  I knew exactly what he was talking about.  "Don't play games with me! Your kidding me right?!?  Did we get it???"  He confirmed the news that 24 hours after all of the paperwork was submitted that the loan was approved.  They payment will be around what we are paying now and we will max out the interest of the load in 8 years at 4.5%.  I can't believe it!  We are going to have a real house!  I feel like Pinocchio!  "Im going to be a real boy!"

The house isn't exactly laid out the best for us currently as it only has two current bedrooms upstairs and one huge one downstairs in the BASEMENT (no more storm shelter)!!  James is already taking away my dining room and turning it into a bedroom upstairs so that we can sleep everyone upstairs. 

The house already has the kids swing set in the backyard and it is already fenced.  HUGE storage shed in the backyard that is about half the size of our current house.  Back porch that stretches across the whole back of the house with plenty of room to entertain outside!  It has a garage that James has already claimed and said I can't touch. :) No more carrying kids/groceries in the house in the pouring rain. 

The bus pulls right up to the house and that means that there will be no more having to wake up the younger ones to get them in the car so that we can take Victoria to the bus stop.  Nap time can continue while she comes home after school.  Porch on the front to watch traffic and it has a beautiful view of my father in law's rose bushes.  I have so wanted them to stay in the family.  The back yard is big enough for a garden this summer.  James has been parking his truck at his parent's house since he has had it and then driving home in the pick up.  No longer will I have to wait for him to drive home after parking the truck. He can just walk in his front door and be home! 

The house has a full basement! No more storm shelters!  The basement has a huge laundry room that is about the size of my kitchen and living room combined now.  That area is full of storage and will be converted into my laundry room/ studio.  I will have space to craft create without needing to space it in between breakfast and lunch so that I can clear off the stove.  I will have space to have multiple projects going at one time and can keep it away from the kids hands.  The thought of a craft room makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up! lol. I have ALWAYS wanted one.  The bedroom downstairs will be converted into a play room for the kids.  They can trash it!  I can finally have the space to set up a little restaurant for them and a nursery for their babies.  Oh and don't forget the race track!  The clutter of toys will be contained in this room and will be equipped with a sitting area for them to watch their movies and no longer will I have TVs in their room for this purpose. This will hopefully help with bed time.  ;)

We will have an eat in kitchen due to the loss of the dining room but hey that is what I have now and it has worked out fine!  There is a mud room right off the kitchen on the way to the garage.  I can't wait to get my hands on that either.  I have always wanted one!  The cute little cubbies with the coat hook.  Storage tubs with mittens for winter.  Oh I have color swatches dancing in my head!

 A blank canvas I have and the space to store things until I decide what I am going to do with a room.  No more, "Uh where should I put this until I refinish it?  Oh I'll just put it in the storage shower."  LOL!

When I have someone come over for hair I can have an area set up downstairs to do that too.  Oh to have space!  I feel like the genie swirling out of his lamp in Aladdin.  "Oh to be freeeeee!  No more poof 'Where do I have space to put this? Poof where do I have space to put this?'"  You are aware that this mean some serious thrifting!  Oh my Salvation Army and Goodwill be ready!  I have space to re-purpose some furniture!  OK I am starting to shake I should stop.  I just can't believe that this is happening.

2 comments:

Jill, Kevin, Mary, and Teresa said...

I don't think you are happy about this at all!!!! LOL So happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures.

Jill said...

WOOHOO! I am so, so happy for you guys, Kelly! This is so wonderful! I can't wait to see and would LOVE to help paint, decorate, whatever. I am smiling so big for you all! :)