Saturday, April 9, 2011

Serve Day

Wow what a busy but fun day!  Today was Serve Day at our church.  I had the pleasure of volunteering at the downtown campus with the Early Childhood team with Victoria and Makenzie.  The day started early with some pretty intense thunderstorms but they were over quick.  Drenched we walked into the downtown campus to find only 3 people there.  Thinking that it must have been cancelled but with hopeful hearts we unpacked our stuff out of the car and bring it in to find that the event is being held at S. Ellen Jones school a block down the street.  We load the stuff back in the car and head down the street.  The event was set up in the cafeteria and the kids started pouring in.  We had a good turn out.  I got to face paint through the event and Victoria walked around making new friends while Makenzie helped out with passing out food and hiding Easter eggs.  We "hid" 1000 eggs in the cafeteria. This basically means putting eggs on chairs and rolling them across the floor hoping we was not setting ourselves up for a lawsuit.  The kids had a ball!

A quick trip to the WC lounge and dropping off Makenzie to her sister's I flew back home to get a painting that I forgot that I needed to deliver.  I quickly drive a bracket into the back and take off to church.  Service had already started and I realize after asking a few people that the lady that I am delivering the painting to is not there this weekend.  :(

Service was great as always and afterward the kids and I head back home to eat the rest of our burgers and wait for my nephew Tyler to come and pick up our couch.  He and his buddies went to Knob Creek to the gun shoot and were all beaming from ear to ear.  They got the couch out with minimal damage and provided many laughs while here.  I teased them that the neighbors would be talking.  My husband has been home for a week and the day that he leaves 5 teenage boys show up at my house.  lol  Can't wait for the new couch to make it here!  It is going to be great. The seating area in it is 6 foot 5 inches and about 2 foot deep.  Good snuggling couch and we purchased the love seat too.  Hopefully the whole family will have a place to sit when we are all here.  Now to just figure out how we are going to fit it in our living room..

No comments: