Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Being a truck drivers wife

I shot myself in the foot saying what I did at the end of the previous post. James has been an hour away in Elizabethtown since 3pm today. He has had to wait for another driver to get loaded to bring him a trailer to take home and that driver is a hour away from James. It is now 1am the driver finally showed up about an hour ago and I am sitting at home alone with the kids waiting for him to come through the door at any minute. I called him through the day only for each of us to be more and more frustrated at the situation. He being just a short drive away from home and me in tears crushed because things weren't working out for us to have a date night. Oh loving a truck driver.....(sigh) I would marry the man all over again if I could. At least I will get to snuggle up next to him in bed. Sometimes you just have to be thankful for what you get.

No comments: