Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fun at the zoo & the goat that cracked us up!


If you ever feel bad about your teeth take a look at this goat and I garuntee that you will feel much better about your appearance.

I played with the camera all day posing my "shy" daughter Victoria.

This is Marlina and I taking the babies down the slide for the first time. I am sure in a year I won't be able to get them off of it.

My babies being so serious. The weather was georgous that day! I think they really enjoyed the fresh air.










Babies first time on the jungle gym. As you can see some did better than others. I like to call them Miss Prissy and Captain Panic.
















More poses of my wall flower.
She is no stranger to the camera. She played till she was a sweaty mess.








Today was a perfect day at the zoo. Marlina and I decided to take the babies to the zoo today. The weather couldn't of been more wonderful. It was one of the most eventful days at the zoo that I have ever experienced. Let's just say that the warm weather lead the lions, goats and three different sets of turtles in the same exhibit to believe it was spring time. ( if you know what I mean )
We also got to play with the orangutan. I learned from a zoo volunteer one trip that they are fascinated with purses and shiny things. So I grabbed my diaper bag and held it up to the window. The female saw me from across the exhibit and moved from her rock that she was sitting on and moved right up against the window resting her head on the window seal. She nodded her head and pointed to the bag as if to say "Whatcha got in there?" I would take out one thing and she would nod and point wanting to know what else I had. She especially loved the thermometer I had. We got a real kick out of it. There was hardly anyone at the zoo with it being a school day and it was nice to take time to see the animals when they are so interactive without feeling like you are in someones way of seeing them too.
We also got to see a baby penguin get introduced into the exhibit. The poor thing was confused as to why it couldn't swim past the glass and all of the adults were making so much racket marking the top of the rocks their territory. It was quite loud, but a very enjoyable day of exercise, relaxation, and reproductive education.

No comments: