Monday, November 19, 2007

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen

Anthony and Addison have both discovered their mobiles this week. I have been cracking up watching them snapping their neck to see the next animal that is coming. I can see that we are going to have to save up for Chiropractic appointments in his future. Addison knows mommy is making a video of bubby and she is crying jealously as daddy is changing her diaper. ( video posted below)

Today was annual baking day with my friend Marlina. We started at 12 and we have been at it all day just playing and getting into the holiday spirit. We began the day at Santa Depot to look at all of the Christmas decorations. She had never been and she really got a kick out of all of the theme trees. We decided to get matching ornaments to mark our second annual baking day for the holidays. The back room had all of the prelit tree lit up. It looked like a Christmas wonderland. Anthony was awake this time and really studied the trees and all of the twinkling lights. I couldn't get Addison to wake up to save my life. I really wanted to see her expression and the magic in her eyes too.

After making a quick trip to the store for some key ingredients we headed home to get started on the goodies. We made an assortment of white bark. Some with chocolate chips and pretzels crunched up. It is my favorite. We also experimented with some peanut butter chips and walnuts. It is just so easy to make and way too easy to pop in your mouth. Marlina made a WONDERFUL discovery of M&M's that are flavored peppermint. THEY ARE AMAZING!!! I highly recommend searching them out you are at the store. We put them in my food processer and mixed them into some of our bark too.

The babies sat in their bouncy seats in the living room listening to XM radio's Christmas station. They were really good today. They have been awake alot lately. They are becoming really alert these days. I caught myself just staring at them listening to the music thinking that this is the first time they are hearing Rudolph, Frosty the snowman, Santa Claus is coming to town, and my personal favorite Oh holy night. It takes everything I have to not tear up thinking about how amazing this Christmas is going to be with my kids. I have waited along time for this in my life. I hope I don't take a minute of it for granted!

No comments: