Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cinematic Adventure




This week has been a VERY trying week of "toddler issues" and Addison catching her first cold.


My mom called this morning and told me that she would be over in about an hour and I needed to get dressed because I am getting out of the house and getting some fresh air. She told me that she didn' t care where I went or what I did I was going to get a much needed break. I hopped online and checked to see what movies were playing and decided on Dan in real life. I have to say I made a great choice , good movie, not only did it have Steve Carell in it Dane Cook (my hero) played his brother. I sat in the 12:10 alone by myself with my popcorn and Turkey sandwich that I made myself and had lunch in the theatre before the movie began. I spread out in three whole seats. Popcorn to my right, purse to my left and me right in the middle not having to share any of my snacks with ANYONE! I sat there in amazement at how quiet my surrounding were and sat back in my seat and dare I say it propped my feet up on the chair in front of me. The voice playing with the advertisements on the screen said to me "Now sit back and enjoy the show" I replied right back out loud "OK I will!" After all who would hear me? I was ALONE and it was NICE. The lights began to lower and I started to get nervous about how dark it was in the theatre. I have to admit that I started squirming in my seat a bit and looking behind me. It was kind of unnerving sitting there alone. What was relaxation turned to feeling like the boogie man was going to get me. Yet that doesn't sound too bad I haven't "boogied" in a while. After one preview a couple came into the theatre and sat right behind me. I turned to them and thanked them for coming in because I was afraid of being in the dark alone. They got a good chuckle.




After the movie I called to make sure that mom was holding down the fort alright and that my children haven't made her pull her hair out. She was fine so I headed to the Dollar Tree. Funny how not working changes what stores you get excited about. I decided to buy two coffee mugs one Santa and one a snowman. Victoria and I have started a tradition of bonding over hot chocolate in the past few weeks and special mugs just for our hot chocolate would make it even more special. (Not this week though she hasn't seen much but the walls of her room from her bed) I called her and told I needed to ask her a question and made her pick, not knowing what she was picking, Santa or a snowman. Like any 4 year old it was Santa all the way while being very excited about a surprise when mommy got home. It made me feel good too. When I got home the mugs were a hit! She wanted to wash them immediately. After dinner we had our hot chocolate at the table and talked about our days. My movie and popcorn and her coloring and popcorn with "Grandma Harb" . Her and I needed a break from each other very much. It is easy to forget what all she has been through when she is being bad. Taking a step back and taking time to think I realize that I probably need to spend a little less time disciplining and more time loving. So her I sit, hot chocolate in my belly, Anthony behind me in his bouncy seat watching TV along with Victoria in her apple PJ's on the couch, and Addison is knocked out (finally) in my back pack carrier on my chest as I type.....Life again is GOOD!

No comments: