Thursday, November 15, 2007

A night of relaxation????


Not exactly! Last night was my first night going to the resource study at my church. They are offering different topical classes and I have been anxiously waiting for them to start. I thought it would be a great opportunity to get a mid week break, grow a lil deeper in my faith and shake off the stress of the day. They actually began last week and with the sick kids I missed it so this week I started early, as I always do, to get everyone ready to go. Everyone was bathed and ready to go including mommy who found 30 seconds to throw on some makeup. They serve dinner starting at 5 and Victoria and I decided to take advantage of a $2 dollar meal that mommy doesn't have to cook.

After getting everyone loaded into the car I headed to church, about a 5 minute drive. When I got in front of the church I realized that in packing everyone up I forgot to put my wallet in my diaper bag. So I turned around and headed back home to grab my bank card so that I could run by the ATM and get some cash. Once I got back in the car I again heard Victoria for the 59th time asking if we were going to see her friends (at church that is). "Yes Victoria I have already told you we are going to see your friends." I rush to get back to church because it is beginning to rain now but first I have to turn left on Grant line Rd. and for those of you familiar you know that in itself requires a lot of prayer at 5:00.

I make it to the parking lot with only a slight drizzle of rain outside and I head to the back of my car to get the stroller. My neck is still giving me fits and carrying them into the church in their seat at almost 10 lbs apiece just didn't sound appealing with spasms in my neck. I get out the stroller (please refer to back to blog post entry "mommy first day with stroller" and insert here because the experience wasn't much different) Once I get into the church we head to get all the kids checked into the childcare offered. We get our identification stickers but the pagers are not here yet so we have to come back. We head to dinner and I navigate my 10 foot long stroller through tight corners to get our salisbury steak with green beans and mashed potatoes. I find a table with ample room for my crew and leave Victoria with the babies while I get us something to drink. (I forgot to say that childcare didn't start until 6:15 so we are with babies) We eat and it was actually really good for 5 dollars between the two of us. We were almost finished when someone approached us to ask if we were the Craig's. Seems that I left my ID stickers where I paid for dinner. I thanked him and continued to munch on MY cookie that I had to pry out of Victoria's hands.

Once dinner was done Victoria and I took the babies to the family restroom. Let me tell you our church must have a lot of small families because just the front half of my stroller fit into it. I decided to just leave the stroller outside and take them one at a time to change their diaper before I left them in the nursery all the while answering the jumping bean Victoria "YES WE ARE GOING TO SEE YOUR FRIENDS......JUST WAIT!!!!" Next time I am going to rethink that cookie after dinner when I am handling her alone with no straight jacket in sight. A very sweet lady came out of the nursery seeing my situation asked if she could help in any way I had her control Victoria while I finished up changing Anthony's diaper as he looked at me with "You are pretty stressed out by now huh." eyes. I find my way over to the nursery and check in the twins. I have to fill out a slip about each of them if they take a paci, when do they eat, and any allergies and such along with putting on their ID tags onto their car seats and them..........."Where did I put those ID tags?!?" Yep now realize that I left them on the table we ate at in the dining hall. I leave the babies in their carriers on the counter with the nursery staff grab Victoria's hand and speed walk to the dining hall grab the tags and head back. Mind you I now have sweat LITERALLY running down my temples and neck. I slap the stickers on the car seat, diaper bag, and each babies leg. The volunteer at the nursery asked me to then fill out the paper on what class I am taking in case they need me what room number I am in and what pager number I have.......remember they didn't have the pagers yet when I checked them in before we ate? CRAP! I am now at a dead run to the Kid stuff counter to get my pager and run back to the nursery scribble down the pager number. I then snatch up Victoria, who STILL hasn't quit asking about her friends and take her to her classroom restraining myself from picking her up and throwing her in the door to be with "her friends".

I find MY class and take a seat. My class was really nice. They talked about making "quiet time with God" I have decided to make a honest effort to do that each and every day. Never mind that I can't even find "quiet time" with my toilet without someone needing me but the concept of 7 minutes with God that they talked about seems more than doable. I have to say that the class didn't last long enough. Before I knew it I had to go and round up my crew again.

I decided to get the babies first so I could concentrate on getting them strapped onto the stroller before I had to pull Victoria away from her friends. The three of us walk across the parking lot talking about what we learned in our classes. Victoria apparently learned about "Jossa" and the whale. A name I am not familiar with in the bible and it made me smile. I get Victoria in the car and snap the babies into their bases in the car try, and I stress try, to breakdown the stroller all the way down and throw it in the car.

Once I get home I change Anthony's diaper to find a sticker on his diaper saying "Inspected by.....". I cracked up. It had written on there who changed his diaper and if it was pee pee or poo poo and what time it happened. How cute is that? I got the babies to bed and Victoria and I played our 5th game of Hi Ho Cherry-O this week while drinking our hot chocolate. I fell into bed and the babies slept 8 1/2 hours last night!!! I have been trying to tweek our schedule and I am going to pray that I have found the magic schedule for a full night of sleep. Everyone is down for a nap now and I am enjoying the peace and quiet. I think I am going to spend my time with God .

No comments: