Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mommy needs a break

Well life has been a bit hectic here. My neck decided to go out this weekend so I spent most of my time in a pain killer haze. Starting to feel better now. Thankfully it was the weekend and James was home.

The babies are doing well. Still growing like weeds. I got a chance to take advantage of the JC Penney's sale last weekend and I did our charge card in. All three kids are needing clothes with the weather changing to more fall like temperatures. James gave me a limit to spend and I think I had about two dollars and some change left to reach that budget. James later told me to remind him when I ask what my budget is shopping for the kids to take the number that he has in his head and divide that in half then give me the total. He was laughing at me and we had a chuckle. When he asked me how much I spent I said to him "You told me......." he then responded with "That didn't mean you HAD to spend that much. " Lesson to James don't tell a woman at home all day only to leave for groceries and doctor visits that she can shop with plastic. The kids got some great clothes to wear beside their mom with her sweatpants and ballcap. (like anyone notices me anymore anyways. "Oh my gosh she is beautiful! Oh are they twins?!?")

Saturday we went to church and I got a chance to just sit with my husband and connect with God. I treasure that time. I really enjoy my church and love having a chance to just be Kelly (wife) not "Hey Kelly I am thirsty. Hey Kelly are we going somewhere. Hey Kelly can I have a snack" My weeks are blending together into a blur of kids needing me to do things for them and all the other trials of motherhood. This is the hardest job I have ever had. Yet it is also the most rewarding.

Saturday Victoria got to have a contact visit with her mom. James and I took her. We were complimented by her mom on how beautiful she looked and thanked for how well we were taking care of her. It made me feel good. It is always a challenge raising a child, but starting in the toddler stage and having the special situation that we have I find myself exhausted and frustrated very easily. Her (Victoria) and I haven't had a good day for the past few days but we are trying to get through it. She has been very testing of my patience and has spent alot of time in her VERY PURPLE room sitting on her bed in trouble. When being in her room has seased to work i.e. distractions of toys and her brightly colored bed with all of her Dora things James and I have decided that the appropriate place for her to be is in the corner of the living room for her time out. When I had reached my limit today after catching her in a lie (spitting her food that a member of the mother's of twins club cooked for us out in a napkin and telling me she wasn't) I told her to sit in her corner and not say a word. Daddy on the phone said to keep her there until he got home, luckily for her that will be today and not this weekend ha ha, no snacks and no drinks due to her not eating lunch. She sat in the corner after about an hour and said " I am thristy" I replied "tough" Then she tried "I have to go to the bathroom" I again replied "tough" after about 1-2 more questions she just decided to give up and said " I am just going to sit her in the corner and rest then OK?" I had to smile I just said to her "I think that is a good idea"

James called and said to relax he is on his way and he has a sitter for us tonight. He is taking me out on the town. He says I need a break and he is goin to get me out of the house without worrying about car seats or "talks" before we go into a store about how we are suppose to act. I am so excited. I just don't know what to do. I haven't been to a movie in forever, maybe dinner out and then again he said something about taking me somewhere to sing karoke. I would be just fine going to White Castle and eating my $5.00 food while it was hot for a change. Don't worry I am not goin to tell HIM that. I am goin to see what he comes up with first. I am not stupid!

No comments: