Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Arby's BBQ Chicken pizza and an old friend.

Tonight I had my friend Jill Pennington over. Although not related to the Pennington side of my family she is family just the same. I have been in a creative mood in the kitchen and have been making up new recipes. Earlier this week I invented chicken and rice puff in the crock pot. It is very easy all you have to do is add way too much rice to the recipe. Tonight I decided to try BBQ chicken pizza. I made a batch of oven fried chicken and cut it up and mixed in 6 packs of Arby sauce that I had and some extra BBQ sauce. I put it on top of a pizza crust and added Parmesan cheese and some mixed shredded cheese. It turned out pretty good, at least mom and Jill said it did. We enjoyed conversation and food while watching the babies play in the antlers that Jill brought for us to look at Christmas light in. Victoria was unable to make it to the festivities because Mamaw and Papaw wanted her to spend the night.

While Victoria was gone I played Santa and wrapped presents and made out the note back to Victoria thanking her for the wrapping paper that she picked out for her gift. I found her table top Christmas tree in the shed and set it up in her room on her end table, from Santa. Santa told her that while rummaging around in our shed he found and it knew that she was upset that we didn't have room for a tree this year due to the corral in the living room for the babies. She really got a kick out of it. I love playing Santa.

On top of all of the happening in the house across the country my cousin Jill had her little girl. Theresa Kathleen was born! Congrats Jill and Kevin!

No comments: