Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Split Christmas

Today is the Craig family Christmas. Brooklyn came over Sunday to stay with us and left 10 minutes later when we found lice eggs in her hair. Her sister brought it home the night before. I had enough with dealing with the little critters so I had her leave her stuff in the car and I took her straight into the bathroom to do my own investigation. I felt horrible for her she had been so excited about coming over and she had to leave as soon as she got here. So for the Craig Christmas we had a split celebration those that were egg free this week and those that were not egg free this week. Victoria, the babies and I took off and headed over early before Brooklyn's mom dropped her off and we had our Christmas with Mamaw and Papaw while Daddy was off picking up our new semi and taking care of paperwork. Once we were done we took off to head to the house and get ready for church and Daddy (who has no hair) spend the evening with Brooklyn and Makenzie and his parents. We stressed about it all night and morning and James came up with the split Christmas idea and I believe it worked really well. I am sure that the two oldest girls enjoyed having daddy to themselves.

Victoria and I took the babies and headed to church to drink hot chocolate and listen to Christmas songs and a good teaching about the Christmas story. She really enjoyed the service and kept wiping away tears off of my cheeks while they played O Holy Night. It was nice for her and I to have some time to ourselves too. All in all it was a nice family Christmas for everyone around.

No comments: