Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oooooh I'm driving my life away!

Well what is new in the Craig home? James has picked out a truck (when I say truck I mean semi) for purchase. He has been talking about it for some time now and with the help of my incredible parents I believe it is going to happen. He has been working for Summitt for a while now and is on a dedicated run that is running him into an early grave and not making enough money to give us hope of getting out of debt or ever living somewhere other than our trailer. My dad and him have been talking about getting him a truck and how much more money he would be making if he were running the same amount of miles in his own truck, it seems senseless to not go for it. We have both been praying about it and God seems to be saying yes. The offer that we gave Freightliner for the semi seemed to go quite smoothly. This is going to be quite a transition for us. It is a new way of doing the same thing. Kind of like when I went from working for a salon to renting a booth from a salon. Essentially doing the same kind of work but having to take care of the paperwork, and maintenance of the business. I am hoping that in this economy that this will help us keep our head above water and get out of this sardine can into a home with a little more breathing room. As James says we see a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train. We will see how this goes.

No comments: