Thursday, December 4, 2008

If I could only do what James tells me

Last night I was looking for some comfort in a book..the book of James. Holidays are a time of gathering of friends and family. A Lot of family are excited about this and a lot of families have people that get thrown into an anxiety attack thinking about it......that would be me this year. I know it is senseless to stress about something weeks away, but I am having hard time dealing with unsettled issues. There has been drama in our family in dealing with our oldest Makenzie. It has really been bothering me and I have been spending a lot of time praying about it and trying to find a way to get through to her. In trying to "get through to her" God has gotten some things through to me, funny how that works.

James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

I have to admit I am not experiencing pure joy in this. It is uncomfortable, it is messy, it hurts to know that you are getting rejected. I am going to find joy in the fact that God is working in this situation and I am learning through this.

James 19: My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about he righteous life that God desires.

CON-VIC-TED!!! Shew, I wanted to just throw my hands up and admit defeat, then I found Psalms 18:16-19, I found joy.

No comments: